Every year I like to create a birthday bucket list to give my year a little more intention. It also gets me out of my comfort zone and helps me discover things I probably wouldn’t have done otherwise.
Since my birthday is in July, I thought a 6 month update and regroup would be fun to encourage you to reevaluate your list with me or create one for the first time. Either way, I hope you enjoy seeing what I have accomplished thus far during my last year in my twenties!
Living Intentionally with a Birthday Bucket List – 6 Month Update
- Travel to one new place each month – So far so good, but this is an ongoing task. Keeping it on the list until the year is finished.
- Grow a butterfly and bee garden – Have my seeds and waiting for time to plant!
- Learn how to make chicken feed, instead of purchasing it already made – Haven’t made this a priority, but definitely need to do it.
- Make all cleaning products, instead of purchasing them. – Yes and no. I went through a little craze of purchasing holiday scents from a natural brand…. BUT I am working to use them up and will make my own thereafter.
- Make all skin care products, instead of purchasing them [I really love my Andalou Naturals products, so we will see if I stick with this.] – Working to use up several products and am replacing them with organic, simple ingredient products. Haven’t made my own just yet. Still plan to accomplish this one!
Learn how to make kombucha– YES!! I finally have a kombucha kit from The Kombucha Shop that I LOVE!
- Start my new business endeavor – Still in the process of setting up, but will definitely be able to mark this off my list!
- Grow my passive income to match my active income – Getting closer every month!
- Find a homestead mentor [I follow several homesteaders, but I haven’t found the perfect mentor just yet.] – Still searching for the right person.
- Build a pig pen and grow some piglets – On my list for the spring!
- Draw up our house plans and get estimates – We changed house plans and have an estimate for getting it in the dry! Still need to work on the interior finishes.
- Become consistent with a self-care routine – I would say that I have gotten better, but progress can still be made.
- Grow the size of my wardrobe [It’s lacking. I dislike shopping, but gonna have to bite the bullet and get it done.] – I have, but not in a way that I hoped. To be honest, these past few months have been all about t-shirts and skinny jeans.
- Save $50 per week – Averaging it out, I am doing this! I am paying my savings account per month versus week like I originally planned.
- Learn how to make soap – Still want to do this!
Plan and book our next vacation– It is planned, but won’t be booked until the end of 2019! We have taken small vacations, but not as I intended with this bucket list item. Crossing it off, because I have done all I can do before my next birthday.
- Learn to love exercising – Yeah…. NO! haha! I still need help with that in a major way! I have decided to dive into Yoga and Pilates, so we shall see if that changes things.
- Start an herb garden – Does planting Rosemary count? So excited to cross this off in the spring!
- Plant fruit trees – Still trying to decide where I want to start. Any ideas?
- Quit drinking sodas [They are terrible for you anyways!] – HAHAHA! The idea of quitting sodas is great, but I have been absolutely terrible these past few months with drinking at least one a day.
- Read 3 books – One is almost down, and I have another to pick up when I finish! This will get done this year!
- Forgive the past – I have forgiven the intent behind adding this to the list, but I think there is still some work to be done for other things that have come up since then.
- Become consistent with practicing yoga – Using some Christmas money to purchase a yoga mat. I’ve done a few poses, but haven’t dived into the practice of yoga yet.
- Visit a corn maze [I’ve actually never been to one before!] – Visited a corn field… does that count?
- Give a helping hand to my husband when he works on his equipment [This used to be our quality time together.] – Working hard to accomplish this!
- Go a month without watching Netflix [The only form of TV we have.] – Planning to do this for February. We have the Declutter Challenge for the entire month of February, and I want to give it the attention it needs.
- Blog consistently [at least once per week] – I will be better in the new year for this one!
- Finish Elite Blog Academy [This was a big investment for me, and I plan to finish this course!] – Getting pretty close!
- Lose my “Winter Weight” and never find it again! – I think I have lost some of it [I don’t own a scale to know for sure], but still have a few to to lose.
I am pretty impressed with my progress thus far. There are several items that are year long endeavors and some that I cannot accomplish until spring.
I’m pretty confident in my ability to cross at least 25 of them!
The point of this list is to inspire your year and try new things. I won’t beat myself up over the items I do not accomplish.
Rather I look at what I have accomplished and celebrate that!
Do you have a Birthday Bucket List? If so, how is it going?
If not, would you consider creating one to live more intentionally?
Either way, let me know below in the comments! I love hearing about the things on your list, because they inspire my future lists!