Get access to my FREE Resource Library!
Sign up now to get access to resources that will help you live a simple and sustainable lifestyle!
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure.
One of my favorite games to get to know someone is 20 Questions! I have played it around bonfires, at church gatherings, and on road trips.
I enjoy playing it so much that I have used it twice here at The Tannehill Homestead to get to know people in the minimalism and homesteading communities.
If you don’t know anything about playing 20 Questions, don’t worry! I am going to cover everything you need to know then each of the game series for you to see that minimalism and homesteading aren’t one size fits all.
What’s 20 Questions and how do you play it?
The way I play 20 Questions is that you get to ask 20 questions to everyone participating. You ask one question and they all respond, and so on until you reach 20 questions.
You have the choice to ask all of your 20 questions in a row or taking turns. Either is fun depending on your strategy.
The kinds of questions you ask are limitless and nothing is off-limits unless all participants agree it is off-limits.
What are good questions to ask?
Questions about relationships, general knowledge, childhood, favorites, dreams, etc. are all fun topics to include in your 20 questions.
Here are a few examples of each:
- Do you prefer dogs or cats?
- Where were you born?
- Who is your favorite celebrity?
- If you were on a deserted island and only had one tool to help you survive, what would that one tool be?
Relationships [for single people]:
- What is the longest relationship you’ve ever had?
- Have you ever been in love?
- Who was your first kiss?
- Have you ever had a broken heart?
Relationships [for married people]:
- What do you love most about your spouse?
- What drives you nuts about your spouse?
- When did you know you wanted to marry your spouse?
- How long did you date before getting married?
- Where did you grow up?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What did you enjoy most as a child?
- Who was your childhood best friend?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you have a favorite day of the week?
- What is your favorite animal?
- If you could only have one favorite ice cream, what would it be?
- What is your biggest and scariest dream right now?
- What is the craziest dream you’ve ever had?
- Did you achieve your craziest dream?
- Is anything holding you back from living your dream life?
You can also ask questions about things you’re interested in knowing or learning from a specific person, which is what I did with both the minimalist and homesteading series.
20 Questions Minimalist Style
In this series of 20 Questions, I proved that the Minimalist Lifestyle is not a one size fits all and that it looks different for everyone.
I really enjoyed this series, because of the diversity within the participants and how open they were with sharing their journey.
I’m curious to know which responses resonate with you most! Let me know in the comments.
20 Questions Homesteading Style
I LOVED this series because every homesteader is unique for so many reasons. These could be location, interests, land size, and more!
If you want to know more about homesteading, definitely check out these participants’ responses.
- Jill @ The Prairie Homestead
- Lisa @ Fresh Eggs Daily
- Michelle @ Simplify Live Love
- Laurie @ Common Sense Home
- Kris @ Attainable Sustainable
- Lesa @ Better Hens and Gardens
- Teri @ Homestead Honey
- Amy @ The Fewell Homestead
- Cris @ The Homestead Garden
Which of the participants’ responses did you enjoy most?
While these two series are complete, I am likely to bring this back. As you know, this is one of my favorite games to play when wanting to get to know other people.
If you enjoyed these 20 Questions series, be sure to follow me on Pinterest!