Self-Care Simple Living

Mental Cleanse Challenge: Week One

Hi friend! I am so excited about this new collaboration between Kiara, the blogger of Blissfully Brunette, and myself! We put together an amazing Mental Cleanse Challenge just for you! For this challenge we will have a weekly focus with daily challenges. The set up for this challenge will follow the same format as my 2017 Declutter Challenge, and each update will go live on Mondays. I want to encourage you to do two things: 1. follow me on Instagram to be reminded of each daily challenge, and 2. follow Kiara’s blog so that you can see how we are both doing with this challenge as well as sharing how you are doing with it! We are super excited to share this with you!

Need to reduce the stress in your life, but aren't sure what to do? Then this challenge is PERFECT for you! Get started with this Mental Cleanse Challenge today, and remove your unnecessary stress and anxiety.

The start of any minimalist journey is typically a purge of physical possessions. Afterwards, you are free to figure out the life you want to live without distractions of excess. However, many find that their minds are working overtime. From things we need to do to random thoughts that pop up in our minds, we hardly have any quiet time.

This is something I have struggled with personally, and I believe it is time to take control of this situation! If you are like me, you are tired of your mind continuously working, thinking, or taking up precious time. You just want it to rest!

Well I hope you join me in this challenge, because it is going to be one for the books! Kiara and I have brainstormed some great daily challenges that are going to help us get to a relaxed state of mind without all of the clutter that is normally in it. Say goodbye to the brain fog you have become accustomed to for so long, and welcome back the creative, refreshed mind you once knew!

Here is a a list of all the challenges that we will complete throughout the next month!

As you can see, we have a lot of fun things planned as well as some soul searching challenges. I encourage you to participate each and every day with us, so that you can receive the benefits of having a clear mind! I mean, what have you got to loose?

An over processing mind…?

The inability to go to sleep…?

Unnecessary thoughts…?

I could keep on, but that is exactly what I am trying to stop! So join us in this mental cleanse challenge! I dare you!

Mental Cleanse Challenge Week 1: Self-Care

For the first week of the mental cleansing challenge, we are focusing on Self-Care! Often times, we focus on the needs of others, work, or getting things done in our home. However, we neglect to take care of ourselves. For this first week we are changing the focus, and doing little things for us for a change!

Day 1: Set two goals you would like to achieve during this challenge

Day 2: Treat your face to a special pampering facial

Day 3: Go for a walk

Day 4: Journal for 15 minutes

Day 5: Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than normal

Day 6: Make a gratitude list of everything you are grateful for in your life [let us see who can write the longest list!]

Day 7: Take a long bubble bath

I am not sure about you, but this mental cleanse challenge sound amazing! Already, I can feel myself relax! Can you?! If you decide to join Kiara and myself in this challenge, please comment below to let me know! I would love to know that we are not alone in wanting mental clarity!

If you would like to join me, make sure you are subscribed via email using the below form! I would love to have you participate with us!

To subscribe to Kiara’s blog, visit her at www.blissfullybrunette.com. Her subscription form should pop up for you!

Kiara
    January 30, 2017 at 6:37 am

SO excited we were able to launch this collaboration and challenge, Erin! Cant wait to check in with you and see how you’re doing with these challenges–you’re going to do great!

January 30, 2017 at 12:43 pm

I am very excited, too, Kiara!! We are both going to rock this challenge! I cannot wait to see how week one goes for you!

Sarah Jean Althouse
    January 30, 2017 at 7:39 am

Bubble baths and face masks are my two go-to treats and ways to mentally clear my mind for sure! (Surprisingly so is mowing the lawn but I can’t do that in a city anymore) haha

January 30, 2017 at 12:45 pm

OMGoodness, Sarah Jean! Mowing the lawn is something I love to do when I want to clear my mind as well! Unfortunately, it is winter and that would not be a sensible option right now. But you better believe that when the grass starts growing, I will be on my mower! haha!

Brittany
        February 15, 2017 at 5:56 pm

I love mowing the lawn too!! It’s exercise, sweat, alone time!

Ashley Stephenson
    January 30, 2017 at 7:54 am

Love this idea! A bubble bath is the ultimate way for me to clear my head and just relax!

January 30, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Ahh! Yes, a bubble bath is very relaxing! I cannot wait to enjoy it for this challenge specifically!

Stephanie Jeannot
    January 30, 2017 at 12:30 pm

I love the idea of doing a mental cleanse because it is very necessary. People don’t realize that decluttering is not just good for enhancing your space, but your well-being as well. It needs to be done internally as well!

January 30, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Exactly, Stephanie! It took me so long to realize this, but I am glad I finally did!

Marette Flora
    January 30, 2017 at 12:43 pm

This is such a great collaboration and challenge! I need to so this. I could use a relaxing bath right now. Haha

January 30, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Marette, we would love to have you join us in this challenge! It is going to be very interesting to say the least!

January 30, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Love this collab that you and Kiara came up with! We all could stand some mental cleansing in this day and age! 🙂

Erica Nicole
    January 30, 2017 at 5:48 pm

What a great list! Definitely trying out some of these this week!

Laina Turner
    January 30, 2017 at 7:46 pm

I am in the process of trying to declutter my home and you’re right the mind is important as well. Sometimes i feel like I go weeks without 5 minutes to myself and it makes me cranky.

February 3, 2017 at 11:53 am

Crankiness is not good, Laina! Work through this with me, so we can shed it together! [Because I may be just a little cranky myself…]

Jen
    January 30, 2017 at 9:38 pm

I love the idea of a gratitude journal. I keep one, but should really write in it more, especially when I’m so down by the current political events happening in our country. It’s easy to lose sight of what’s good out there.

February 3, 2017 at 11:55 am

I think news in general can depress anyone, Jen. I have been trying to make a habit of writing whenever I feel grateful, and it has really helped. I cannot wait to sit down and focus on what I am grateful for to see how many things I come up with that day. It is going to be interesting!

Laurisa
    February 1, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Love this idea! I am definitely due for a mental cleanse!

Diane
    February 20, 2017 at 4:18 am

I’m looking fwd to the challenge…

anwaar
    February 24, 2017 at 9:28 am

loved the idea ,,walking every day set me straight to a calm zone .

Tammy
    March 11, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Would love to join in I’m totally lost when it comes to computers

anshika mahajan
    March 27, 2017 at 10:18 am

Nice ways for mental cleansing . thank you.

Kyna B
    April 4, 2017 at 6:19 am

Hello Erin!

I found your challenge on pinterest – to things that caught my attention minimalist and mental cleanse 🙂

I am starting your challenge today and can’t be more excited. Any tips to help maximize the result of the 30 day mental cleanse?

Thanks and looking forward to sharing my results.

Kyna B

April 4, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Hi Kyna! I am so excited that you are starting this challenge today! If I could give you one tip, it would be to soak in each day’s challenge and remain present. Often times, we get so caught up in making sure we simply accomplish a task; we forget to take the time to hone in on why we are doing it and the benefits of it. I hope you enjoy it, and please keep in touch! I would love to know how it goes for you!

Heidi
    June 23, 2017 at 7:50 am

Joining (except I’m starting it in June)

June 26, 2017 at 10:50 am

Awesome!! So glad to have you, Heidi! I am here if you have any questions or need a cheerleader!

Kimisha
    June 26, 2017 at 8:41 am

I am a teacher who’s off for the Summer with the intention of focusing solely on self-care and minimizing my thoughts… Rest, relax, and rejuvenate. I will be joining the challenge.

June 26, 2017 at 11:04 am

Yay!! So happy to have you join in this challenge, Kimisha! I am definitely going to run through this challenge again myself! It is always good to focus on rest and relaxation, especially after the school year!

Natashia
    June 27, 2017 at 7:46 am

Sounds good !!! I’m in!

Nanette
    August 14, 2017 at 4:07 pm

What a fantastic challenge. Just what I need!! So happy to have found you on Pinterest!! Can’t wait to start!

August 15, 2017 at 10:12 am

Yay!! It will definitely change your life, Nanette! Keep me updated as you go through it!

Jocelyne
    December 2, 2017 at 2:21 pm

I need to start doing a self care routine. Thank you for this challenge!

Ashley
    February 28, 2018 at 11:52 am

Such a good list, and I love that you made this into a challenge. ❤️ So fun!

Pam
    September 24, 2018 at 9:56 am

Just came across this challenge as I was searching for a 30 day gratitude challenge. Self-care is something I struggle with so I decided to give this a try!

Erin | The Tannehill Homestead
      November 2, 2018 at 11:35 am

Pam, I am sorry that I am just now able to respond to your comment. Self-care is so important, and I am glad you are giving this challenge a try. I think I need to go through it again myself. 🙂

Leanne
    October 8, 2018 at 11:29 pm

I’m in. I’ve recently moved to Shanghai; big step for me as I spent a lot of this year on a downward spiral. Yesterday was my first very wobbly day and I’m glad I’ve found your page today. I believe it’s okay to not be okay as long as you don’t stop, get back up and keep going. I think what I struggled with the most yesterday was not having the closeness of my closest friends and family around who have been there to support me all year. I’ve had a day in bed today; very tired. This post has motivated me to set some goals, instead of doing really well then falling whenever a hurdle appears. I often think I’m doing okay but when I look back I wasn’t taking care of myself very well.

Erin | The Tannehill Homestead
      November 2, 2018 at 11:45 am

Leanne, I know exactly how you feel. I am very close to certain people in my life and rely on their relationship to keep me fueled (as well as other things, but these relationships are very important to me). Hopefully you’ve gone through this challenge and found some things to add into your routine to keep you uplifted. If you ever need a boost, I am here for you!