Declutter Declutter Your Home Minimalism Simple Living

Minimalism and Decluttering – Friday Favorites #12

Happy Friday! I am so glad you could join me for today’s post! If you have been following my posts for January, then I hope you have been working with me on the 2017 Declutter Challenge! Right now, we are working on Week Two, and having a blast getting rid of what we no longer need and making room for the things we do.

One of my favorite things to do is tidy my home, because a tidy home equals a tidy mind. However, I realize this may not be the case for everyone. It took me a while to figure things out, and a lot of motivation from decluttering videos to get me through it. So for today’s Friday Favorites, I thought I would share with you a few decluttering videos to help give you a boost! Some of these will be lengthy, while others will be quicker. I enjoy a mix of both, so I thought you might, too! 🙂

Let me know in the comments how the declutter challenge is going for you, and if this gave you a little nudge to persevere through it!

Minimalism and Decluttering go hand in hand, which is why they are the focus for this Friday Favorites!

Minimalism and Decluttering

The videos I selected for today are focused around Week Two’s tasks. If you are looking for more inspiration, check out this previous Friday Favorites I posted.

Bathroom Declutter & Organization

Declutter and Organize Under The Bathroom Sink

Laundry Declutter and Organization

Cleanadays – Laundry Room

Order Out of Chaos: The Laundry and Mudroom

Here are a couple makeup declutter playlists. These ladies are tired of having so much makeup, and are really clearing out their collections!

Kendra Atkins’ Makeup Declutter Playlist

Christine Kobzeff’s Makeup Declutter Playlist

I hope you enjoy these, and they help you really dig into the 2017 Declutter Challenge! Let me know what you are having the best luck with and what is the most difficult thing is for you to declutter. Talk with you soon!

To be sure you never miss an update, subscribe via email using the below form!

Kiara
    January 13, 2017 at 6:53 am

I love when you posts all different minimalism and decluttering inspiration! It makes me want to leave work and work on my home more!

January 15, 2017 at 11:43 am

Love it, Kiara! I am the same way! I sometimes start a declutter video while on break, and going back to work can be so difficult!

Jackie
    January 13, 2017 at 9:19 am

Working on our bedroom this weekend. Can’t wait!

Erica Nicole
    January 13, 2017 at 1:11 pm

My focus for the month is on decluttering! Thanks for sharing these posts.

January 15, 2017 at 11:49 am

Awesome, Erica! I hope these videos pull your focus in to accomplish your decluttering goals and then some!

michelle
    January 13, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Getting into the minimalism movement. Great post!

January 15, 2017 at 11:55 am

Thank you, Michelle! I hope you found some good inspiration with these links!

Kristan Kremer
    January 14, 2017 at 6:36 am

I totally tackled my kitchen the other day. I ended up getting rid of only about 10 random plastic cups we’ve collected over the past year. I did a huge purge last year, but your challenge inspired me to do another pass. I ended up rearranging the entire kitchen and it’s so much more functional now. On to the bathroom!

January 15, 2017 at 11:57 am

How funny! I was able to get rid of the last of our plastic cups, and rearrange a good bit of our kitchen to make it more functional as well! I cannot wait to hear how your bathroom turns out, Kristan! I hope you have just as much luck with it!

Rebecca
    January 14, 2017 at 9:13 am

Gosh I need to declutter so bad! We have so many random things lying around that I keep saying “but maybe I’ll need that later”. It’s so hard to change. But my goal is to stay on top of everything so it never truly becomes a problem!

January 15, 2017 at 11:58 am

I know exactly how you feel, Rebecca! That is why I am going through a declutter challenge. I want to change the whole ‘just in case’ mentality I have with a few things.

Joscelyn
    January 16, 2017 at 1:33 am

Ah, totally want to become more minanilisric! Thanks for the helpful links!!

Elizabeth Doren
    January 16, 2017 at 3:55 am

Makeup decluttering what a great plan. I always leave the “last drop”bottles in my drawer for far too long. Only to open a brand new bottle.

January 17, 2017 at 8:56 am

Well it is time to declutter those “last drop” bottles! I have a few myself that I am trying to use up, so that I can move onto another product. I cannot wait to hear about your progress, Elizabeth!

Marette Flora
    January 16, 2017 at 8:02 am

I have been watching some declutter makeup videos. I find them fascinating even if I myself don’t need to declutter it. I am also really into hauls even though I don’t actually buy the makeup. ha!

January 17, 2017 at 8:58 am

I love it, Marette! I think it motivational to keep my things to a minimum. The moment I feel clutter creeping back into my life, I try to clear things out again.

Kristin Cook
    January 16, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I have so much decluttering to do! Really in every aspect of my life, there is something that needs to be decluttered! It can be overwhelming, but I know I have to start somewhere!

January 17, 2017 at 9:01 am

Baby steps, Kristin! Just start with one category, and move onto the next. You may find yourself wanting to revisit a category to purge more things, and that is perfectly normal. By decluttering in smaller strides, we have a greater chance at not bringing unnecessary things back into our home.

Rachel
    January 16, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Great links! I love the idea of a declutter playlist!

January 17, 2017 at 9:02 am

Thank you, Rachel! I love it, because you can see the thought process with each category. It helps me decide what is really essential in my home. Hopefully it will help you as well!

Cassie
    January 16, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Gah! I need to declutter my bathroom so much. I never thought having too much makeup would be a problem! haha

January 17, 2017 at 9:03 am

I know what you mean, Cassie! I did not realize all the excess I had until I created a space for the items I use all the time. The other items were hardly ever used, so decluttering them was a lot easier!

Erica @ Coming Up Roses
    January 18, 2017 at 9:13 am

Decluttering is top of my to-do list right now, so I need to watch *all* of these!

Coming Up Roses

January 18, 2017 at 10:13 am

Yes, definitely watch them, Erica! They helped motivate me to get my things decluttered!