Last year, I did a big
30 Day Blog Challenge for my birthday month, including a Bucket List for turning 27. While I am forever grateful for that experience, there is no way I can commit to that this year. Life is just too busy at the moment. Our farm is growing, and so is our responsibility.
[If you follow me on Instagram, you can see our farm animals and all the fun things I get to do each day.]
Anyways, I thought it would be a shame to let my birthday pass by without sharing anything at all. So today, we are going to review the Bucket List I created for turning 27, then I am going to share with you my new Bucket List for turning 28!
I think birthdays are a great way to evaluate the progress of your long term goals and dreams. It is not just about celebrating the day you were born, but also making sure that you are making your life matter. Of course, how you want your life to matter is completely up to you. You will see my priorities and goals within my bucket lists, but you will also see that I have intentionally placed each items to check off, strictly for motivation throughout the year.
Bucket List for 27
I took a risk with this list, and many great things came from it. While this was just a fun way to welcome a new birthday year, I found it to be just the things I needed to keep my focus. It was never my intention to fully complete this list. My goal was simply to see where my priorities were focused for the majority of the year. It really is a great exercise to get to know yourself a little better.
[Items completed are crossed out, and any elaborations are provided.]
Travel more – especially for my wedding anniversary! Take bigger risks! Complete at least 4 college classes![check!! All A’s too!!]
Pay off a loan![Minus our land payment, all of my debt is officially paid off!]
- Read at least 5 self-help books! [I read a couple!]
- Read at least 5 fiction books [because everyone needs adventure in their life!]!
- Find at least one sponsor to partner with on my blog!
Laugh more! Put my husband first more often!
- Consistently post blog posts all year!
- Learn to like waking up in the mornings! [Not gonna happen…]
- Master my wardrobe for all seasons!
- Replace all plastic reusable containers with glass containers! [I have started replacing containers, but not all just yet.]
Overcome the fear of success![Want me to write a post explain how? Let me know in the comments.]
- Go to at least one concert!
Save $20 a paycheck for the next year, and use the money for a new experience![I would consider the cash I saved up for a college I have never been to a success.]
- Finish the first draft of a novel!
- Stop drinking soda! [Drinking a Coke as I type *hands covering the face in shame*]
- Visit Magnolia Home in Waco, TX! [Love the show Fixer Upper!!]
- Find an organic cosmetic line to replace my current products! [Have any recommendations?? Leave them in the comments for me!]
- Love the way I look without makeup!
- Stop worrying about what others think! [This one is hard to overcome…]
Have more new experiences than any year before now. Learn more about the companies that are “Going Green”![While I have learned a lot, I do not feel I will ever stop learning.]
Turn off or forget my phone more often!
- Listen to more instrumental music!
- Plant flower beds around our home!
As you can see, a lot happened over the coarse of a year. Some of these things are no longer a priority at this time; while others are moving higher up the list.
Overall, I am very pleased with the results. I did some things that I would not have done had they not been on this list. Some of the things I did not do actually surprised me, such as reading a few books. I love reading, but I lack the time.
So time to move forward and make my Bucket List for turning 28! Are you as excited about this as I am?
Bucket List for 28
- Completely transition away from plastic tupperware.
- Complete a year round wardrobe with second hand pieces or ethically made new pieces.
- Grow a fall/winter garden in addition to spring/summer garden.
- Plant flowerbeds around our shop.
- Start a podcast [with a friend].
- Transition my diet to a homegrown/organic diet. [Future post topic]
- Enjoy living slow more often.
- Work harder at building friendships.
- Learn to compost and recycle.
- Be quicker to forgive.
- Purchase a “professional” camera. [Let’s just be real. It is about time!]
- Do not live vicariously through other people. It only creates envy.
- Find contentment more often.
- Travel to a new place.
- Use up products before purchasing new ones.
- Create a self-care routine.
- Purchase a new purse! [Another future post topic explain why]
- Finally rid my home of any remaining harmful chemical cleaners.
- Learn to cook more recipes. [Have any you could recommend?]
- Save $100.00 per week.
- Appreciate and enjoy the little moments more.
- Start my new business endeavor. [The farm is growing in 2018!]
- Help spread information about living a self-sufficient lifestyle.
- Be more open minded with new opportunities.
- Go on more adventures.
- Grow my secondary income to match my primary income.
- Try more DIY recipes/projects to reduce dependence on store bought cleaners and home goods.
- Become creative with saving money. [Again, a future post topic I think you will enjoy.]
While I feel like this list is a bit daunting, I think it will be fun to see what all I can check off in a year. I do not expect to have all 28 checked off, but I do expect to complete the majority of these. My goal in life is to live intentionally and on purpose, and I believe this bucket list is one of my key tools to do just that!
Ever since my focus changed from working to pay my bills each month to pursuing what gives me purpose, my life has only improved. While it is not always easy to keep this focus, it is better than not trying at all.
I am excited for this next year! Big changes are coming, and I am so glad I have you with me during all of it!
Next week, I will be sharing my Minimalism Confession Volume 3! Trust me, you want to make sure you read this one! It is going to be a little different than the previous two confessions, and I cannot wait to share it with you! The feedback I receive from this series is incredible, so I want to take this particular volume to the next level!