Intentional Living Minimalism Simple Living

Friday Favorites #11 – Minimalism and The Bible

Welcome to the first Friday Favorites of 2017! Over the past month, I focused my thoughts on why I decided to live a minimalist lifestyle, what the benefits where, and how I can share it with you. I read, watched, listened to all things minimalism. I took time to really think about what would be interesting, thought provoking, and eye opening. And let me tell you, I have had some luck!

Today’s favorites are focusing on how minimalism and the Bible go hand in hand. I love how the two really mesh together in many different ways. After I read and watched the posts I am about to share with you, I knew I answered all the questions I had been asking myself.

I am interested to see what you think about them, so please let me know which link speaks the most to you!

Today's favorites are focusing on how minimalism and the Bible go hand in hand. I love how the two really mesh together in many different ways. After I read and watched the posts I am about to share with you, I knew I answered all the questions I had been asking myself.

Friday Favorites: Minimalism and The Bible

Minimalism and the Bible with Samantha Lindsey // I love watching Samantha Lindsey’s videos on YouTube, and is mentioned several times throughout this series. Her honesty and clarity is so heartwarming!

Minimalism and the Bible with Joshua Becker // Joshua Becker is mostly known for his blog Becoming Minimalist, but he is also in the ministry. I love how minimalism has opened the door for his relationship with God to grow more.

27 Bible Verses for Living Simply and Abundantly // I came across this post on Pinterest, and subscribed after a few minutes. Lisa’s heart and soul comes across in her writing beautifully. I am sharing this post to show you how many times in the Bible it tells us to live simple lives and we will live abundant lives.

How Minimalism is Biblical // I enjoyed this post because it is real. While many believe that we are to take joy in whatever we please, this post reminds us to focus on eternal goals. It is a very straight forward post, but I like that it does not beat around the bush.

If you enjoyed this post, make sure not to miss an update by subscribing via email with the below form!

Elizabeth Doren
    January 6, 2017 at 7:41 am

Interesting and important read. Minalism is something I aspire to and all too often fail at.

January 7, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Elizabeth, there is no failing to be a minimalist. It is all about the mindset. Why do you want to change, why do you want to consume less, and what will all the benefits do for your life? You can do anything you set your mind to do! I have faith in you!

candy
    January 6, 2017 at 8:47 am

Focusing on eternal goals should be what we are all doing. Great reminder and something to always work on.

Sarah Jean Althouse
    January 6, 2017 at 8:47 am

Erin, you know I love this. While minimalism might not make us more like Christ, it is certainly a Biblical philosophy in not putting our hope in material items, living on less, giving away more, and being grateful for what we have!

January 7, 2017 at 3:02 pm

That is exactly right, Sarah Jean! I am so glad you enjoyed this! I thought of you when I was writing it! I love how living with less and being intentional gives me more time to focus on priorities, and this is definitely one of them!

Cristina
    January 6, 2017 at 9:34 am

I love minimalism! It really simple and cozy in so many ways.

Summer @ Coffee With Summer
    January 6, 2017 at 9:56 am

What a great round up of resources. I love the idea of minimalism and can’t wait to fully get there. It’s challenging, but so rewarding!

January 7, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Thank you, Summer! It is most definitely challenging, but I guarantee you that all the hard work is worth it! You will get there, just keep working!

Mistle
    January 6, 2017 at 10:20 am

I need to check out all these posts!!! Such a great round up! I love the idea of minimalism and have tried to simplify my life as much as possible.

January 7, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Thank you, Mistle! I hope you enjoy these links! I bet you enjoy your life much more since simplifying you life!

Erica Nicole
    January 6, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I love your posts! I love coming to your little blog space to find inspiration in minimalism. I’m checking out the 27 bible verses that support minimalism and really excited about it.

January 7, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Ahh! Thank you for the sweet words, Erica! I hope you enjoy that link! It was one of my favorites this week!

Lisa
    January 7, 2017 at 12:36 am

Yay! Thanks for including my post in this list! I’m honored to be surrounded by all of these great resources! Blessings!

January 7, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I am so glad I came across it, Lisa! Thank you for stopping by to see the post!

Kristan
    January 7, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Erin! I cannot wait to dive into these links tomorrow (or let’s be real later tonight when I’m scrolling my phone when I should be sleeping!!). Thank you for sharing!

January 7, 2017 at 9:45 pm

I am glad you will be able to enjoy reading through them.. tomorrow 😉 I do the same thing! Sometimes I am just too excited to sleep! Let me know which ones you connect with most! I would love your opinion!

Christina @ Hugs and Lattes
    January 9, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Looking forward to reading and learning more about minimalism!

January 9, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Yay! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, Christina! I love them!