Intentional Living Simple Living

December Monthly Goals

Hello everyone & Happy December! I hope you had a fabulous November full of new experiences and quality time with loved ones! I cannot believe the most magical time of the year is finally here! It is also the busiest time of the year for me. In the month of November, I plan our company Christmas party in addition to the work I already do. I absolutely love planning our Christmas party, but it consumes my creative abilities and inspiration. [Hence why I have not shared a Friday Favorite post in a couple of weeks.] I feel like I have not been able to produce a really good minimalist blog post in quite some time, but I am hoping that will change very soon! Anyways, let us jump in and see what all I have accomplished, and what is next!

December Monthly Goals | www.thetannehillhomestead.com

November Goals and Results

As every month before now, let us see how the month of November went!

1. Participate in the Thanksgiving 30 Day Scripture Challenge-Writing Plan. // Fail… I started out great, but with all on my plate for this month, I completely forgot about it. Next time, I am going to invest in an accountability partner!
  2. Go on an anniversary trip! // YES YES YES!!! Pictures below for you to see!
  3. Experience one new thing. // YES YES YES!!! Stay tuned for a Fall Bucket List Complete Update to see what new things I experienced! 🙂
  4. Work on a redirection for my blog. // I do have a plan… just need that creative side to start flowing again so that I can make it happen.
  5. Cast my vote for the next President! // DONE!

4 out of 5! I cannot believe how amazing it feels to have accomplished so much! I had a wonderful month full of exciting experiences and new beginnings! My hope is that December can be just as great as November was, if not more!

December Goals

1. Finish reading my Bible Study book and start and complete 1 other book.
  2. Complete all Christmas shopping before the 15th! [Almost done now!]
  3. Experience one thing that scares me.
  4. Make more time for the things that matter, and less time watching Netflix. [BTW did you watch the new Gilmore Girls episodes?? What did you think? I am torn between loving the fact that they happened, and sad that it did not feel like the original show…. Let me know your thoughts in the comments!]
  5. Work harder to complete my 27 Things While I am 27 List! [While I may be on track, I want to see if I can get a little ahead. If life gets in the way, I do not want to be overwhelmed with working on this list to the point that I give up on it.]

I cannot wait to see what happens this month! December, to me, is always full of miracles and magic. I love getting to experience it every year!

What all do you have planned for December? Let me know below in the comments!

Marette Flora
    December 5, 2016 at 9:41 am

I like that you try to do something that scares you. My one thing this month is trying kickboxing. I am so nervous about it for some reason! But I know it’s good to try new things.

December 5, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Kickboxing is definitely out of my comfort zone, as well! I am pretty sure my something that scares me is occurring as I type, but I am going to wait and see how things unfold! If things work out right, you will probably see a clue on Instagram soon! 🙂

Moni Love
    December 5, 2016 at 10:18 am

Great post. I get so excited learning what other people’s goals are! My goals for December I have created a challenge for myself to focus on detoxing my life in just 30 days. I get to declutter everything from my space to mind, body & soul. I have already started on focusing on one room each day and changing my diet as well. Its time to get rid of everything unhealthy to my well-being from the foods that I eat, to toxic relationships and unneeded clutter that’s been sitting in my home taking up way too much space! If I want to invite more abundance into my life I need to clear out the old so that there is room for the new that’s coming! A clear space = a clear mind! This will allow me to have a lot more focus on getting my blog in perfect order so I’m definitely excited! 😀

December 5, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I could not agree with you more, Moni! If I could make a suggestion on decluttering? Try decluttering by category versus room. You may be surprised to see what all you have when you work at it from this angle. I know I was amazed at the difference! I wish you all the best, and I hope you will keep me updated on your progress. I am currently working on feeding my soul more positive and abundant things, and I am loving it!

Sarah Jean Althouse
    December 5, 2016 at 11:35 am

Good luck on your December Goals Erin! Can’t wait to see what else you do with your blog once the creative juices start flowing.

December 5, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Thank you, Sarah Jean! I cannot wait either! I have an old idea I am going to resurface in January, but other than that I have some thinking to do.

Kait
    December 5, 2016 at 4:29 pm

I definitely watched the new Gilmore Girls episodes and HATED them. It was so weird and like a musical? or something? I’m not sure. Overall – terrible!

December 5, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Kait, I know a lot of people feel the same as you. While I did not feel it was the same as the original show, I did try to appreciate what they tried to create.

Christine from The (mostly) Simple Life
    December 6, 2016 at 10:39 am

Love your goals! I most definitely watched all of the new Gilmore Girls season the day is came out. I liked it, but it did feel a lot different. The whole mood was just slightly sad and melancholy. Not as fun as the originals. And with the way it ended, I want another 4 episodes!

December 6, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I feel the same way, Christine. I realized I had to enjoy it for what it is today and not all those years ago. I wish it would have been a closer feeling to the original show… I also agree that more is needed!

Mistle
    December 6, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Great job on your goals last month!! You did amazing! I completely feel you on the having a hard time being creative lately. I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. I started early this year which was a good thing! I always wait till the last minute. I will say that I did not really enjoy the GG revival. It has so much hype behind it, which disappointed me. I felt there were a lot of things that were not needed and a lot of things that still left questions open. I think they should have thought about the scripts a bit more. It felt just like it was not thought out completely.

December 6, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Thank you, Mistle! I definitely see your point with GG. It was just different altogether for me. I liked it for what it was, but comparing it to the original… not a chance! I am an early shopper for my friends and family, but planning a Christmas party on top of that is a creative challenge for me. I really enjoy it, but I am ready to get my juices flowing on my blog again. I think the new year will bring a lot of good opportunities, so I am very hopeful that 2017 will far surpass 2016!

Alix Maza
    December 8, 2016 at 11:24 am

Looks like you had quite the productive November! Good luck with your December goals.

Alix | http://www.apintsizedlife.com