Over the past few months, I have made some changes in my life. The decluttering process has come to an end and it is finally time to start working on my passions and inner self.
I shared 27 things I want to accomplish while I am 27 [exactly 3 months ago today!], and I thought today would be a great day to share my progress!
Having a wish list does not guarantee being able to finish it, but having enough belief in yourself to do so will finish it! By holding myself accountable with you, my reader, I know I can do it!
I will say this list is quite ambitious for me, but it will be worth the push! Some of these will be a work in progress until my year is complete, but a good bit will hopefully be crossed off in no time!
Below are the 27 things I shared three months ago. For the things I have accomplished, I will cross them off the list! For the things I still want to accomplish, I will write a short plan to the side. Let us see how I am doing!
27 Things for My Year of Being 27!
Travel more – especially for my wedding anniversary! Take bigger risks!
- Complete at least 4 college classes! – Registered for 3 in the Spring and will take 1 in the Summer, so it will get done before I turn 28!
Pay off a loan!
- Read at least 5 self-help books! – Working through a couple now, may have done before 2017 gets here!
- Read at least 5 fiction books [because everyone needs adventure in their life!]! – Started my first book!
- Find at least one sponsor to partner with on my blog! – Have not made an effort just yet, but will after the first of the year.
Laugh more! Put my husband first more often!
- Consistently post blog posts all year! – So far I have improved!
- Learn to like waking up in the mornings! – I think my plan is working, but I am going to give it more time to really see how it is working.
- Master my wardrobe for all seasons! – Almost there!!!
- Replace all plastic reusable containers with glass containers! – Replaced cups! Still have food containers to replace!
- Overcome the fear of success! – Work in progress, but I am getting better!
- Go to at least one concert! – Still in the works
- Save $20 a paycheck for the next year, and use the money for a new experience! – I decided to put this money towards paying on loans instead… However, I am still working towards this, but the amount saved will be less than originally planned.
- Finish the first draft of a novel! – Struggling with writers block, but I know I can do it!
- Stop drinking soda! – Almost there!
- Visit Magnolia Home in Waco, TX! [Love the show Fixer Upper!!] – Working on going with a friend next spring!
- Find an organic cosmetic line to replace my current products! – So far I have replaced my mascara! Working on using up other products to continue this progress!
- Love the way I look without makeup! – I think I respect my natural features more, but loving myself without makeup is going to take some work.
Stop worrying about what others think!
- Have more new experiences than any year before now. – Going strong! Cannot wait to see what all happens before I turn 28!
- Learn more about the companies that are “Going Green”! – I am not sure I could ever consider this complete, but I have done some research.
Turn off or forget my phone more often! Listen to more instrumental music!
- Plant flower beds around our home! – Plan to do this spring!
8 out of 27 things marked off so far! I would have to say not bad for only 3 months! In fact, that is right on track!
My hope as I continue my year of being 27 is that I will be able to cross off everything on this list. For me, it is ambitious to think that I can.
I also know that if I do not believe in myself, I will be stuck in the same place as I am right now. While it is better than where I was before, I do believe that we are all destined to grow and push ourselves to greater things.
If I were to ask you to come up with 27 things, what would be on your list to accomplish within the next year?
Be sure to check out my Fall Bucket List Update from last week!