Minimalism Simple Living

Minimalism & DIY Projects – Friday Favorites #7

Happy October! I hope you are enjoying the beginning of fall as much as I am! For today’s Friday Favorites, I thought I would share with you some fall DIY projects with a minimalist twist.

Aside from all of these things, there is something about fall that has me happier than normal and a bit more productive. This time of the year is when I like to do “Spring Cleaning” and more DIY projects. Overall, it is just a splendid season! So let us take this happiness and get to the inspiration I have for you this week!

For today's Friday Favorites, I thought I would share with you some fall DIY projects with a minimalist twist. Fall is my favorite season, and is probably the busiest time of the year for me. This is when I start planning our company Christmas Party, Christmas shopping for friends and family, and celebrate my wedding anniversary as well as a few holidays!

Friday Favorites – Minimalism & DIY Projects

1 // DIY Fall Pamper Session – I love DIY pamper products, especially when they are catered to the season! This video has several different recipes with things you probably already have in your kitchen, or are going to purchase throughout the season. Each of them contain some of the same ingredients, so it will be easy to keep your supplies to a minimum. You can use these recipes to not only pamper yourself, but make gifts for someone else!

2 // 13 Minimalist Fall Decor Ideas – I love simple seasonal decor, especially if it is simple enough for me to do myself. I am not advising you to tackle all 13 this year, but maybe pick out a few that work together for a touch of fall in your home! My favorite is #5! Which one is your favorite of the 13?

3 // 32 Awesome Things To Make With Nature – One of my favorite things about being a minimalist is that I have developed a new appreciation for nature. This post consist of 32 different DIY nature projects that are simple and adorable! It proves that you do not have to purchase pricey decor that you are only going to use for a couple of months out of the year. You can simple walk in your yard or the park and find many of these things! I love the pinecone projects. Which is your favorite?

4 // Adorable, Effortless Tops to Enhance Your Fall Wardrobe – Of course, Fall gives us the excuse to change out our outfits just a bit by using bolder colors and different prints. I have followed Putting Me Together for a while now, and I love her style. Audrey not only finds great combinations of a small wardrobe, but she tests her combinations in many different ways. Getting the most combinations and looking fabulous in each one is what she does best! She proves you do not need a closet full of clothes to have enough of a variety; you simply need the right combination.

5 // 17 Outfits from 10 Items – I love videos that show you few pieces and many combinations. This video is a great example of that! While Morgan’s style is not exactly like mine, I can easily see how she works her pieces and forms all of the combinations. These 10 pieces are what you would consider staples that could easily be built upon, which is another reason I love this wardrobe example!

I hope you enjoyed this week’s inspiration! I love fall and I hope these sources reflect it just a smidgen! This month’s Friday Favorites are going to be so much fun, and I hope you visit back each week to see what inspires my minimalist journey!

To be sure you never miss an update, sign up via email with the below form!

Amber
    October 7, 2016 at 7:03 am

Love this post! I’m all about minimalism as well. Especially with my wardrobe and fall decorations.

Xoxo

October 7, 2016 at 8:45 am

Those are my two favorite focuses for fall as well, Amber! I am also about experiencing the outdoors during fall, and reducing distractions better than any other time of the year.

candy
    October 7, 2016 at 7:36 am

Love fall decor and using mother nature to help me make these simple decorations is always a plus for myself.

October 7, 2016 at 8:46 am

Do you not just love all the projects from that link, Candy?! I love how simple and pretty they are!

Jill
    October 7, 2016 at 7:55 am

Happy Fall to you! I absolutely love your photo with the succulents- simple, succinct and beautiful. Enjoy your weekend! XO

Rebecca Hicks
    October 7, 2016 at 8:21 am

The fall fashion post is awesome! I can’t wait for it to FINALLY feel like fall here in Texas. And the decorations are so cute! Thanks for sharing 🙂

October 7, 2016 at 8:48 am

I am right there with you, Rebecca! I am in Southwestern Arkansas, and very close to Texas. We are finally going to see some fall weather next week, and I am antsy waiting for it! I am glad you enjoyed the links! 🙂

Ashley B.
    October 7, 2016 at 8:54 am

Love these ideas! Especially the “Putting me Together” post!

Katie
    October 7, 2016 at 10:15 am

I am all about living and decorating more minimally!

October 7, 2016 at 11:08 am

I love the minimalist fall decor! I just have a couple fall related pillows and candles and that’s perfect for me. 🙂

October 8, 2016 at 9:07 am

Are they not cute?! My favorites are the pine cones projects! I bet your space is perfect with just these few pieces, Sarah Jean! I used to have a lot of decor to put out, but now, I am down to less than 10! I enjoy these pieces so much more now, too!

Lauren
    October 7, 2016 at 1:03 pm

I really like the minimalist fall decor! We are at the beginning of a minimalist journey and I love inspiration like this!

October 8, 2016 at 9:10 am

The beginning is always exciting! I am glad I was able to provide you with a little inspiration, Lauren! Make sure to check back each week, because I love posting new inspiration each Friday! You can also subscribe, and it will send you my posts directly so you never miss a thing! Good luck on your journey!

Rochelle
    October 7, 2016 at 2:00 pm

I’m trying to get there. I just cleaned out all the old things that the kids don’t need anymore. I need to de-clutter my life!

Nadia
    October 7, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Lovely links and recommendations, Erin! I loved those minimalist decorations ideas and the hanging pumpkin is so cute!! I used to do macrame when I was a kid! Wish I could remember how to do that now 🙂 Guess it’s never late to brush up the skill 😀
    xox Nadia

October 8, 2016 at 9:12 am

I think brushing up a skill sounds like an amazing idea, Nadia! It sounds like fun! 🙂 I agree, the hanging pumpkins are adorable!

Rachel Catherine
    October 7, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Great post! I’m really craving less stuff and trying to simplfy.

October 8, 2016 at 9:13 am

Thank you, Rachel! That is great! It is the perfect start to living more simply, so way to go!! 🙂

Nicole Banuelos
    October 8, 2016 at 10:55 am

OMG that hanging pumpkin is so cute!! Love this post, I need to start thinking more in the “minimalism” state of mind! lol

October 8, 2016 at 11:42 am

I know! I love the hanging pumpkin! I need to find someone to make it for me, because that kind of DIY is not my specialty! haha! So glad you enjoyed it, Nicole!

Alex
    October 8, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Great picks, love that succulent picture too!

Lindsay
    October 8, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Hey girl! Happy weekend!
    I love the picture of succulents you have there. 🙂

Rochelle
    October 8, 2016 at 5:08 pm

These are such great ideas! Happy Saturday!

Lauren White
    October 9, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I love this post — minimalism is so something I need to work on!

Christine from The (mostly) Simple Life
    October 10, 2016 at 10:16 am

I love the minimalist fall decor!!! 🙂