Intentional Living Simple Living

20 Fall Bucket List Ideas Inspired By A Minimalist

I may make a commission from the links within this post. Learn more.

Here in the south, we are barely getting into the fall weather, and I am loving it! I have started writing a list of different things I want to experience this fall that I have not experienced in previous years, or was too busy to even think about doing. I am calling it my Fall Bucket List! The idea of doing things seasonally just sounds so exciting!

I feel that I lack a lot of life experiences in certain ways. By slowing down and intentionally enjoying myself, I am starting to see how these experiences are now possible, and I am so EXCITED!!

If you are feeling anything like me or just want some fall activities to enjoy, keep reading! I have compiled a list of things I want to experience this fall, and I want to share them with you!

Fall Bucket List Ideas

1 // Get away for a weekend or two to see the leaves changing in other cities.

Driving as close as an hour or as far as across country, fall looks different everywhere. If where you live has not started changing yet, go somewhere that is. Being able to appreciate nature during this transition for even a day longer brightens my life!

2 // Go on a picnic.

Being out in nature on a beautiful fall day is more than many could ask for sometimes. Going to the park, by the lake, or a beautiful field can transform a meal into a fabulous time with your spouse, child, or friend.

3 // Try a fall inspired drink.

If you have not fallen onto the Pumpkin Spice trend yet, why not?? What about trying Apple Cider? A drink that is dedicated to the season makes it that much more special!

I love diffusing smells that are full of spice, nutmeg, and cinnamon because it is special to this time of the year. Same with a drink! I will definitely be treating myself to a Starbucks drink this fall, and you should, too!

4 // Do some fall [spring] cleaning.

I love doing a thorough cleaning of my home when the seasons change. I deep clean everything in my home from curtains to light fixtures, the top of the refrigerator to the bed skirt, and anything else that may not have had much love over the summer.

Having a deep cleaned home allows me to breathe deeper and welcome fall much quicker!

5 // Make your home a bit more cozy for the cooler weather that is approaching.

During the summer, I am sure you put away the extra cozy blankets, fluffy warm house shoes, winter sheets, etc. I did! Now is the time to start getting them out again, and I am so excited!

I love and have missed my fluffy house shoes. I also have flannel bed sheets perfect for this cooler weather to pull out and use.

6 // Complete my capsule wardrobe.

My wardrobe is just a few pieces away from being finished! I have had several pieces wear out over the spring and summer that need donating or repurposed.

I am also wanting to add a couple of pieces consistent with current trends that I can see lasting for a few years, which is enough time to get wear out of whatever I purchase.

7 // Visit a pumpkin patch.

One of the things I love about fall are pumpkins! I think they are the epitome of what fall is! Visiting a pumpkin patch is something I have wanted to do for a few years, but have not had the time to go and experience it!

Combining it with a picnic would be the best fall experience!

8 // Walk through a corn maze.

This is something I have never done before, and I am tired of saying it! I do not want to necessarily want to walk through a Halloween themed corn maze…

I would prefer experiencing this during the day and enjoying time with whoever decides to come with me! haha!

9 // Go to a festival.

Festivals are very popular this time of the year. I love walking through all the vendor areas and enjoying live concerts. The food is incredible to experience as well, so this is definitely on my list!

10 // Take family pictures for our Christmas Cards.

With the foliage changing, it is the perfect time to take Christmas Card pictures! Since our anniversary is in November, I like to take pictures this time of the year so that I can have a new anniversary picture and Christmas Card pictures all in one session!

We even include our fur babies in our pictures, because they are our babies, obviously! 🙂

11 // Go on our anniversary trip in November!!

Last year, we spent our anniversary building our shop / shop apartment and did not celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary…

This year, we are making up for it with a vacation! I am so excited to be able to plan it this month! [We do not have to reserve too far in advance for where we are going.]

12 // Jump in a pile of leaves.

No one likes raking leaves, but everyone loves jumping in them or throwing them into the air. I am not sure why this causes such happiness, but it does! Therefore, this has to be on the list!

13 // Bake cookies or a pie!

This is the time of the year where baking occurs more frequently. I am not the greatest baker, but a batch of cookies once or twice is nice!

14 // Go on a hayride.

Hayrides are a great way to go on a ride without driving! It is fall themed with chili air to breathe in and hay to sit on, and simply sounds wonderful! I always enjoy a good hay ride in a place I have not visited.

15 // Dress up for Halloween.

Who does not like to play dress up at least once a year? What will you be for Halloween?

16 // Go through a Haunted House!

Most people like a good scare, and where I live the haunted houses are pretty good! Not that I have been.. I have just heard from everyone else! haha!

17 // Volunteer for something.

From working in a soup kitchen or helping someone on a project, volunteering is something that never goes out of style. I also like to make contributions to our local homeless shelter with lint and toilet paper rolls, so that they can have access to easy fire starters. It is also a great way to reduce this kind of waste.

18 // Eat S’mores!

Who does not love a yummy treat?! Especially one that makes such a mess when you try to eat it?! S’mores and a campfire are always great for fall evenings!

19 // Do some DIY projects.

My previous Friday Favorites featured a few DIY links for fall decor that is so simple to accomplish. I love doing at least one or two DIY projects this time of the year to refresh my home!

20 // Read a few books while enjoying the fall weather.

I love reading a good book, especially when the weather is nice and cool! Grabbing a blanket, finding a cozy spot, and diving into a good book makes this fall season complete!

What is on your Fall Bucket List? Let me know below in the comments!

Kiara Catanzaro
    October 10, 2016 at 6:30 am

Loved this post! On my fall bucket list is to go to fall festivals (check!), get pumpkin for decoration (check!) and to get crafty in the kitchen with a pumpkin inspired recipe!

Emily
    October 10, 2016 at 6:48 am

A weekend away is not really in the cards, but everything else on this list will be happening!!

October 10, 2016 at 8:37 am

I understand, Emily! I cannot remember the last time I had a weekend away, but with my anniversary coming up, I am not giving myself an option. I hope you have a wonderful and eventful fall!

October 10, 2016 at 6:58 am

Mine are: fall hike, and haunted hayride! My husband and I have to move apartments before October 31 so keeping my list real short. haha

October 10, 2016 at 8:38 am

I can definitely understand, Sarah Jean! Those are both great activities for fall!

Amber
    October 10, 2016 at 7:11 am

I love all of these ideas!! Especially the getting away for a weekend or two to see the leaves changing in other cities. Totally pinned this for ideas to do this month.

Xoxo

jehava
    October 10, 2016 at 8:12 am

I love these ideas! They are so helpful! We are always looking for ways to save as a family of 5 on one income! Thanks!

October 10, 2016 at 8:40 am

Oh wow! Well this list definitely has a lot of free or relatively inexpensive ideas, so I hope you get to experience a few of them at the least!

Lauren
    October 10, 2016 at 8:19 am

Great ideas!! Fall is my favorite season and I can’t wait to do some of these with my family.

Marette Flora
    October 10, 2016 at 8:19 am

I’ve been loving making the apartment more cozy with blankets, candles and our electric heaters. These are great fall ideas!

October 10, 2016 at 8:43 am

OO! That sounds wonderful, Marette! I have an electric heater in my bathroom, and I love it when I need to use it!

Ashley B.
    October 10, 2016 at 11:16 am

Love it! I really want to go to a haunted forest or mansion this year but my husband and all my friends are being lame lol

Cait
    October 10, 2016 at 11:40 am

this bucket list is great- i def need to do more outdoors with cooler temps now in GA 😀 love it!!

Rebecca Hicks
    October 10, 2016 at 12:00 pm

I love this list! Especially since they incorporate so much time outdoors, and don’t cost too much money. I can’t wait to go camping this weekend 😀

October 10, 2016 at 7:33 pm

That was definitely my intention, Rebecca! I want to experience more, but I also need it to be affordable! Have a fabulous time camping!

Kristi @ Happily Ever Griedls
    October 10, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Love your list!! I have something similar I’m posting soon enough with date ideas for fall 🙂 Can’t wait to hear about your Anniversary trip – I bet it’ll be so much fun! We have our Christmas card pictures Wednesday and I’m still trying to figure out what we’ll wear!

October 10, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Thank you, Kristi! I cannot wait to read your list! I am having to think of outfits for our pictures as well!

Lauren White
    October 10, 2016 at 1:15 pm

These are some really great ideas that are different from the usual fall bucket list — I love!

Aleigh Moore
    October 10, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I love all of these! Fall is my favorite season 🙂

Suzanne Hines
    October 10, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Adding some of these to my lists, for sure! I LOVE the festivals and the smores idea! I’m excited for this fall!

Brittany
    October 10, 2016 at 2:39 pm

I love fall–and bucket lists make it that much more fun!

Brittiny A
    October 10, 2016 at 2:56 pm

What a fun bucket list! I’m hoping to do some apple picking!

Meg O.
    October 10, 2016 at 3:00 pm

What awesome ideas!!! I only wish that the leaves changed color… even an hour away from here. LOL!! I definitely wanna hit up a corn maze this year!

October 11, 2016 at 7:16 am

Thank you, Meg! You must be somewhere topical to not have the leaves change colors….?

Kim
        October 12, 2016 at 11:26 am

Such a great list. I love the idea of getting away to see fall in other cities. We are slowly getting cooler weather -love it!

Meg O.
        October 14, 2016 at 12:16 am

Well, kinda tropical but mostly just hot. Houston, TX 🙂

October 15, 2016 at 11:31 am

Oh okay! I did not realize the leaves did not change around Houston. My husband lived in Freeport for work through the Spring and Summer, so I did not have the chance to see the Fall or Winter seasons.

Laina Turner
    October 10, 2016 at 3:17 pm

I’m going to have to steal some of those items. What an awesome list!

October 11, 2016 at 7:18 am

Oh, Laina, Absolutely! Take whatever ideas you like! In fact, I encourage it! 🙂

cara
    October 10, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Love all these ideas! Fall is such a fun season to really enjoy nature, so I love getting outside and spending time with the kiddos. Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

October 11, 2016 at 7:18 am

Glad I could help, Cara! I definitely agree that getting outside more is a must for this season!

Katie
    October 10, 2016 at 3:21 pm

These are great ideas! I’m really excited for apple picking with my family this weekend; it’s definitely on my fall bucket list! 🙂

Chelsea McKinney
    October 10, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Hahaha I was just talking about going through a corn maze the other day. I am only okay with it if nothing spooky happens and it’s during the day!!! Love this whole list!

Meghan
    October 10, 2016 at 5:20 pm

I have definitely considering doing some Christmas cards this year. Although my family is just me and my boyfriend right now, but we are almost done remodeling the house so I think it would be a great idea to do it!

October 11, 2016 at 7:21 am

I agree, Meghan! It is my husband and I, but I am also probably going to include my two fur babies. We did a couple of years ago, and the pictures were adorable!

Demelza Shaw
    October 10, 2016 at 6:21 pm

I love list writing so I enjoyed seeing your fall bucket list. I like the idea of your capsule waredrobe! I really need to get organised in that department.

October 11, 2016 at 7:29 am

Thank you, Demelza! My capsule wardrobe is definitely a priority this season! I cannot wait to get these few pieces switched out, so that I can share it with you!

Jen
    October 10, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Great list! I really appreciate the smores and finishing the capsule wardrobe (I need one)!

October 11, 2016 at 7:30 am

Thank you, Jen! I am very excited about the s’mores! I am getting close to calling my capsule wardrobe complete, but there are still a couple of pieces that need switched. I cannot wait to share my end results with you!

Brandy
    October 11, 2016 at 7:14 am

Every year I mean to do #10 and every year I fail and have to use summer pictures in our cards.

October 11, 2016 at 7:33 am

We are terrible at taking pictures. I usually say I want anniversary pictures… every other year! haha! However, this year, I think I am going to book a mini-session versus a full hour session that way I know we can make time.

Kate
    October 11, 2016 at 8:16 am

I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Fall and have been checking off our bucket list, too. I love the idea of visiting other cities to look at the leaves. We have several lakes around surrounded by foothills and they are amazing once the leaves start changing!

October 12, 2016 at 7:34 am

I bet they are beautiful! We are heading north in about a month for our anniversary trip, and I cannot wait to see how the leaves look at the rivers and lakes we stop at along the way!

Darby
    October 11, 2016 at 11:45 am

#5 has to be my favorite! I love getting my house ready for fall. Flannel sheets, big comfy Sherpa throws, making hot coffee in the morning instead of iced, and decorating with pumpkins. Nothing better!

October 12, 2016 at 1:53 pm

I completely agree, Darby! Your comment is making me want my big comfy blanket! 🙂

Chanel
    October 11, 2016 at 11:54 am

These are my favorite kind of lists! I love to pack so many fun, festive things into the Fall/Winter months! You’ve got some great ideas on here!

Ayanna
    October 11, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Great list! We started taking our family photos for Christmas cards in fall last year. I never thought about doing fall cleaning, but that makes total sense. Especially for kids stuff before Christmas comes.

October 12, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Thank you, Ayanna! I have always purged twice a year, but now I do it with more intention. It is definitely a great idea to do before Christmas gets here!

carissa garabedian
    October 11, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Great List! I booked the Holiday card appt, we have our plan for pumpkins and I am working hard for an overnight getaway. I cannot do a weekend, but that is ok! It is a great idea to have list, it is so much more attainable when you have it written down! Thanks!

October 12, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Thank you, Carissa! I told my husband we did not have a choice, but to get away for a minimum of two nights! We have not done anything in a very long time, so we are making it work. I definitely agree that writing it down does make it more attainable!

Annie Rothe
    October 11, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I love that these aren’t all your “typical” fall t-do’s. Things like fall cleaning and reading books are always things I sadly have to remind myself to do!

October 12, 2016 at 1:59 pm

I am the same way, Annie! We have a big garden and farm animals, so spring and summer are super busy for us! Luckily the fall and winter days are not so busy and I finally have time to sit down and enjoy a good book! That and fall cleaning are definitely a priority this fall.

Miri
    October 11, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Nice minimalist-inspired list there. I am wondering if the mocha I made today counts as a fall drink.

October 12, 2016 at 2:01 pm

That would depend, Miri! I say if it is out of your normal beverage routine, yes! The purpose of this idea is to get you out of your beverage routine! Try something new if a mocha is what you normally drink. 🙂

Anna Mullikin Freeman
    October 11, 2016 at 7:40 pm

I love this list! I’m going to try to accomplish these this season. 🙂

Kimberly
    October 11, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Such a great list! I love taking our family pictures every fall!

Kathryn Wesson
    October 11, 2016 at 10:45 pm

I absolutely love this list! I need to get started on my own before fall is gone!

October 12, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Yes! Do not hesitate, Kathryn! Enjoy it while it is here, because my sister-in-law is already celebrating winter… with lots of snow!

Kristen
    October 12, 2016 at 4:08 am

I wish the leaves changed colors here in CA that’s something I miss from when I lived in Utah.

October 12, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I did not know that the leaves did not change in parts of CA, Kristen! I guess you learn something new everyday!

sarah tucker
    October 12, 2016 at 5:56 am

thank you for all of these great ideas!! Will be using so many of them.

BRittany
    October 12, 2016 at 7:32 am

What a great list!! Fall is our favorite! This fall I’ve been lame because I’m so pregnant haha!!

October 12, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Oh goodness! I can imagine how that has changed things, Brittany! Well, I hope you find a few things to make this season special!

Sheila
    October 12, 2016 at 9:18 am

I love this list! We have been checking off items on our list ? I didn’t do many of these things until we had our son. Kids have a way of making you change your priorities. I hope you get to check all of these off your list!

October 12, 2016 at 2:07 pm

I have heard that so many times, Sheila! I am actually looking forward to that, because it will give me a reason to act and do childish things again! [Of course only in the appropriate ways!] 😉

Elise
    October 12, 2016 at 9:22 am

What a fantastic and inspiring list! I’m going to make my own today and it will definitely include a lot of these ideas. Happy Fall!

XO,
    Elise

Christian
    October 12, 2016 at 11:54 am

Such a great list! I feel like I need to start right now to make the most of all the sunshine filled fall days!

Kristin Davies
    October 12, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Love this list! Thanks for reminding me to book my fall photography session!

Mistle
    October 12, 2016 at 5:15 pm

A lot of these are also on my fall bucket list. I live in TX and Fall has yet to get here. I can not wait to get some cooler weather. I would love to go to a pumpkin patch this year. There is only one that I know that is close by. I am not sure how great it is though. I hope to still check it out. Also I have not been on a hay ride since I was younger. I think it would be fun to go on one again!

October 15, 2016 at 11:22 am

I am not far from you, Mistle. I am in Southwestern Arkansas! We are barely able to experience cooler weather, but the drop from upper 90s to upper 80s is nice! I cannot wait for it to drop into the 60s and 70s! I am so ready to wear my booties and thicker cardigans!

Sarah
    October 12, 2016 at 7:36 pm

We love taking family photos and visiting the pumpkin patch in the fall!

Rachel
    October 12, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Loving this list! And I’ve already done several of these things!!

October 15, 2016 at 11:28 am

Thank you, Rachel! You are definitely ahead of the game! I am hoping to accomplish a few of these within the next week or so.

Rochelle
    October 12, 2016 at 8:29 pm

I really want to try a few new Fall drinks and do a corn maze. Great list you have here.

Riley Barker
    October 13, 2016 at 12:54 pm

I love your fall bucket list! And I find a lot of items on your bucket list are also on mine(: