Intentional Living Simple Living

September Monthly Goals

I may make a commission from the links within this post. Learn more.

Last month was the first time I decided to set monthly goals for my blog and personal life, and I really enjoyed it! It kept me on track with my long-term goals, so I figure it is best to keep pursuing monthly goals, as well as long-term goals. For my September Monthly Goals, I am going to follow the same format of just setting 5 goals.

By default, I am not a goal oriented person, and setting 5 goals to complete in a month is a big deal! I normally just go with the flow for multiple reasons, but I want to change that.

Throughout the course of my 30 Day Blog Challenge I did back in July, I realized more and more that I needed a plan. With plans, you need goals, and changing my ways has became a new priority.

Before we get into September, I want to reflect on how August went first. It was a month of new and exciting things that go beyond my goals that will pour over into September!

At least in this first month, I am seeing the benefit of having goals! So how did I do? Let us take a look!

August Goals and Results

1 // Update at least 5 title pictures from previous posts, and reshare them with the updated title picture.

DONE! I actually decided to do my entire series of the 30 Day Minimalist Decluttering Challenge, 10 Ways Minimalism Ruined My Life Forever, and 10 Ways Minimalism Saved My Life. I am quite pleased with how they turned out and cannot wait to continue updating title pictures!

2 // Post at least twice a week.

Nope! Due to one crazy emotional weekend, and the passing of my great aunt, I needed some space from extra activities. I took one week off to regroup my emotions.

This has actually been the longest break I have taken since I have started blogging regularly, and I missed each and every one of you!

3 // Obtain 5 new subscribers.

CHECK! I gained 8! I am so excited for each and everyone of you, too! Thank you for deciding to follow my blog! It means the world to me!

4 // Meal plan each week of August.

Epic fail! A lot happened during the month that prevented this from happening, but it was able to try out a few new meals, which is always a plus in my book!

5 // Register for college classes.

Nope…. I transferred to a new school and am still waiting on my acceptance letter.. Not a lot I can do about this. However, I have regrouped my plan, so I will not fall behind in graduating.

I was actually expecting to accomplish all 5 of these goals and only one was truly out of my control. Regardless, I am so proud of myself for accomplishing all of my blog goals for the month!

September is going to be a definite challenge as I plan 5 more goals for my blog and personal life.

September Monthly Goals

Taking what I learned from last month, I know if I keep a clear focus on my goals this month, I will definitely accomplish them all!

1. Update 5 more title pictures from previous posts, and reshare them with the updated title picture.
  2. Create an Editorial Calendar and finish tentatively planning posts for the rest of the year.
  3. Obtain 10 new subscribers!
  4. Make my home more aesthetically pleasing. [Will have a blog post in the near future to explain what I have been doing, and what I am continuing to do.
  5. Wake up at 5:15AM every morning with my husband. [Only on work days of course!]

The only problem I will can see occurring is the cabinet curtains. I am so picky when it comes to fabric, but I am determined to find the right one! We shall see!

I am also going to do my best to wake up 45 minutes earlier every work day with my husband, so I can have quiet time and not be rushed to get ready for work. We shall see!

What are your September monthly goals? Let me know below in the comments!

Kim S
    September 5, 2016 at 9:18 am

Good job on goal setting, first of all!! I think for me, I’d like to focus on other social media outlets to help grow my blog reach, like pinterest. Also, I have been trying to work on ME a little more by trying to dress up and be less frumpy…LOL

September 5, 2016 at 9:34 am

Those are great things to work on, Kim. I understand the whole dressing up a bit more… I can get a little lazy when it comes to dressing up sometimes.

Suzanne Hines
    September 5, 2016 at 2:50 pm

For some reason, I LOVE reading monthly goals! I seriously love your goals. Hey…August is in the past, and I’m sure that you did accomplish a lot! I love your goal of updating past blog posts. I need to work on that, so thanks for giving me the inspiration!

Elise
    September 5, 2016 at 3:38 pm

So inspired to make my own set of monthly goals – thanks for the ideas. I love how you show the progress you’ve made on the previous month’s goals, as well. The editorial calendar is definitely on my list – I have a lot of travel coming up so I’m trying to plan ahead!

XO,
    Elise

September 5, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Thank you, Elise! I am glad I could inspire you! The editorial calendar will probably be the most difficult for me, but what is a blog without a plan?

Maggie
    September 5, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Our goals seem to be very similar! I love that you share it in this format, I probably need that accountability! I have a hard time prioritizing sometimes and as a result, get close to nothing done due to being overwhelmed! I love it, keep at it! I look forward to reading more!

September 6, 2016 at 7:51 am

Thank you, Maggie! I am guilty of the same thing! I am not typically goal oriented, so this is a challenge for me. So far, I am proud of myself for sticking to at least setting goals for two months in a row!

Lucie
    September 6, 2016 at 6:36 am

Amazing goals and I wish you good luck to reach them all! 🙂

Have a nice day
    Lucie http://www.inbluebox.com

JeeYoung W
    September 6, 2016 at 10:44 am

I need to start a goals list! This is a great one! I keep putting it off. My one goal for the next fews (as far as the blog) is to focus on Pinterest. As for life, I am being very mindful of work-blog-life balance and only blogging when real life allows time!

September 6, 2016 at 11:45 am

That is great, JeeYoung! Balancing work-blog-life can definitely be tricky!

September 6, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Congrats on the new subscribers! I know I rejoice over every one too. haha

September 7, 2016 at 9:55 am

Thank you, Sarah Jean! [I have a special happy dance for each and every one!] Each one makes me feel like I am accomplishing my blogging goal, which is to spare a minimalist lifestyle with others.

Shannon
    September 6, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Great list! Congrats on the ones you accomplished. You can do it!

Julie @ trysmallthings
    September 6, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Oooh the 5:15 wake-up. That’s a tough one. How are you doing with it? Just subscribed. 🙂 Looking forward to seeing the changes you make in your home!

September 7, 2016 at 9:57 am

Julie, I may go back and add a stipulation with waking up earlier. It happens when I get a good night sleep. When I am having a restless night, it definitely does not happen. I am usually up by 6am every work day, so it is not a huge difference in starting my day. Thank you for subscribing! Make sure you confirm through your email! I am so glad you want to follow me on my minimalist journey! 🙂

Savannah
    September 6, 2016 at 7:39 pm

I should do a post like this! You’ve got this!

Trista Peterson
    September 6, 2016 at 8:37 pm

I love your goal setting! I need to steal all of your September goals… they’re good ones. But man, am I the worst at getting up early!

September 7, 2016 at 10:02 am

Do it, Trista! Waking up early is not my favorite, but when I have that extra time to wake up and start my day it becomes worth it!

Kristal
    September 6, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Great list of of goals, we had many of the same goals in August 🙂 One of my main recurring goals is to do more quest posting, but I keep having epic fails on this one. I know I have to make it a priority if I want to accomplish it. My other goal for this month is to declutter all of our office and school supplies.

September 7, 2016 at 10:05 am

Thank you, Kristal! Guest posting is something I need to work on as well. I have been reached out to for guest posting a couple of times, but I have not done the reaching myself. Decluttering is always a favorite of mine! I love the feeling of making space for what is needed and important, and being able to let go of the excess!

Stefanie
    September 6, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Good luck with your goals this month! That’s an early wakeup, though!

September 7, 2016 at 10:07 am

Thank you, Stefanie! It is, but I am normally up by 6am anyways. The extra 45 minutes gives me time to wake up and start my day relaxed versus in a hurry to get out the door.