Last month was the first time I decided to set monthly goals for my blog and personal life, and I really enjoyed it! It kept me on track with my long-term goals, so I figure it is best to keep pursuing monthly goals, as well as long-term goals. For my September Monthly Goals, I am going to follow the same format of just setting 5 goals.
By default, I am not a goal oriented person, and setting 5 goals to complete in a month is a big deal! I normally just go with the flow for multiple reasons, but I want to change that. Throughout the course of my 30 Day Blog Challenge I did back in July, I realized more and more that I needed a plan. With plans, you need goals, and changing my ways has became a new priority.
Before we get into September, I want to reflect on how August went first. It was a month of new and exciting things that go beyond my goals that will pour over into September! At least in this first month, I am seeing the benefit of having goals! So how did I do? Let us take a look!
August Goals and Results
- Update at least 5 title pictures from previous posts, and reshare them with the updated title picture. // DONE! I actually decided to do my entire series of the 30 Day Minimalist Decluttering Challenge, 10 Ways Minimalism Ruined My Life Forever, and 10 Ways Minimalism Saved My Life. I am quite pleased with how they turned out and cannot wait to continue updating title pictures!
- Post at least twice a week. // Nope! Due to one crazy emotional weekend, and the passing of my great aunt, I needed some space from extra activities. I took one week off to regroup my emotions. This has actually been the longest break I have taken since I have started blogging regularly, and I missed each and every one of you!
- Obtain 5 new subscribers. // CHECK! I gained 8! I am so excited for each and everyone of you, too! Thank you for deciding to follow my blog! It means the world to me!
- Meal plan each week of August. // Epic fail! A lot happened during the month that prevented this from happening, but it was able to try out a few new meals, which is always a plus in my book!
- Register for college classes. // Nope…. I transferred to a new school and am still waiting on my acceptance letter.. Not a lot I can do about this. However, I have regrouped my plan, so I will not fall behind in graduating.
I was actually expecting to accomplish all 5 of these goals and only one was truly out of my control. Regardless, I am so proud of myself for accomplishing all of my blog goals for the month! September is going to be a definite challenge as I plan 5 more goals for my blog and personal life.
September Monthly Goals
Taking what I learned from last month, I know if I keep a clear focus on my goals this month, I will definitely accomplish them all!
- Update 5 more title pictures from previous posts, and reshare them with the updated title picture.
- Create an Editorial Calendar and finish tentatively planning posts for the rest of the year.
- Obtain 10 new subscribers!
- Make my home more aesthetically pleasing. [Will have a blog post in the near future to explain what I have been doing, and what I am continuing to do.
- Wake up at 5:15AM every morning with my husband. [Only on work days of course!]
The only problem I will can see occurring is the cabinet curtains. I am so picky when it comes to fabric, but I am determined to find the right one! We shall see! I am also going to do my best to wake up 45 minutes earlier every work day with my husband, so I can have quiet time and not be rushed to get ready for work. We shall see!
What are your September monthly goals? Let me know below in the comments!