Minimalism Self-Care Simple Living

Minimalism and Mental Health – Friday Favorites #6

I may make a commission from the links within this post. Learn more.

Minimalism and mental health really go hand in hand. I started my minimalism journey not realizing this. However, after a couple of months of decluttering and being very mindful of my decisions, it became hard to not see the connection.

For today’s Friday Favorites, I have found a few resources that show you this connection and how it can improve your life.

Having a clear mind is so important when you are trying to work through the day, make big decisions, or when you need some rest and relaxation. When we have a clear mind, things are easier.

Friday Favorites – Minimalism and Mental Health

1 // What Is A Brain Dump and Why Do You Need One?

The free course I mentioned last week used this term in one of the daily tasks. Previously, I had not heard of brain dumping. This article explains what is it and the processes you can take to help simplify what is in your mind.

She even includes printables, if you are interested!

Decluttering your mind is a big step to decluttering your life. I definitely recommend trying it a few times to see if it is something that will work for you!

2 // 15 Things To Declutter That Aren’t Things

I love Jennifer’s blog, and I really like this post! The first time I read this post, I realized minimalism is more than decluttering physical possessions. I had no clue simplifying just one of the things on her list could help so much!

For instance, I have felt trapped in my current situation and had no clue how to stop feeling that way. Luckily, I took time to focus on it and found a way to end this feeling! Check it out and see what you can get from her list!

3 // 40 Fast Ways to Clear Clutter

Feeling the need to declutter something in your home, but have no clue where to start? Why not choose one of the options on this list?!

Each option is simple and effective! It is perfect for the person who questions the first or next step. I wish I would have found this list sooner!

4 // Why Decluttering is Important

Personally I need to declutter for my sanity. My sensory levels are extremely sensitive, so I need a clutter-free home. However, if you are questioning why you should have a clutter-free home, this post can be very helpful.

It is important to know why you are doing something, because it can create motivation to continue. If you know why decluttering is important, great! If you do not, this link is for you!

It looks particularly at decluttering your home with children, and helps you see the difference between being clutter-free versus possession-free.

5 // 5 Easy Ways to Declutter!

This video includes great simple tips to declutter several things in your home along with her personal examples. If you have been following my blog long, you will know that I am a big fan of simplicity!

By decluttering small areas or collections, it can add up to a major improvement in space and functionality in your home.

There you have my 5 Friday Favorites! I hope you are enjoying this series as much as I am!

If you have a topic within minimalism that you would like me to include in future Friday Favorites, leave them below in the comments!

September 30, 2016 at 9:08 am

It amazes me each week that you are able to come up with these awesome minimalism inspiration posts. The more I get into it, the more I love the minimalist lifestyle and see all the benefits!

September 30, 2016 at 9:31 am

I have been on this journey for about a year now, and I have come across a lot of inspiring things. I love being able to share them with you and help inspire your journey!

Christine from The (mostly) Simple Life
    September 30, 2016 at 9:27 am

Love these! I’m decluttering and packing for our move next week and I needed some new inspiration!

September 30, 2016 at 9:34 am

Yay! I cannot wait to see how it works out for you, Christine! I thought about you this morning, thinking it was getting close to time! I hope after you get settled in that you will share your process and how it worked best for you! I also want to suggest getting on YouTube and searching for decluttering videos in areas you feel you need help in downsizing a bit more. It has worked for me so far, so I am betting it will work for you as well!

cara
    September 30, 2016 at 9:49 am

Thank you for sharing this list! Checking all of this out now! Have a great weekend Erin! 🙂

Emmy
    September 30, 2016 at 3:43 pm

decluttering 100%

Shahla
    October 3, 2016 at 4:23 pm

I am being swallowed whole by clutter. These were all great in inspiring me to lessen the load, so to speak! Thank you!

Patricia
    October 3, 2016 at 5:01 pm

This is a great and helpful list!

Terryn Winfield
    October 3, 2016 at 5:40 pm

I really am loving this series! I look forward to it in my inbox each week! And I have to say how honored I am that you mentioned my post, girlie! xoxo Thank you for the inspiration, as usual!

October 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I am so glad you are looking forward to this series! That is more than I could have ever hoped! I am also really enjoying your course, and I cannot help but mention it! 🙂

Tiffany
    October 3, 2016 at 6:07 pm

These are great resources! I love that you have rounded up all of these tips. Will definitely check them out!

Krista Nile
    October 3, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I look forward to these posts so much! We just found out we will be moving early next year so I’m definitely going to use your blog as a resource! I don’t want to take ANY junk with us on our move!

October 4, 2016 at 9:15 am

Krista, that is so great to hear! Moving is so exciting, but moving with excess… not so much! So glad I am going to be inspiring you along the way!

Amber Starr
    October 3, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Love this series so much! I’ve been trying to declutter but I feel like it is taking forever and so hard with little ones! One step at a time!

October 4, 2016 at 9:18 am

Amber, I feel your pain with the decluttering process. Just remember, it is a process, and you will get to where you want to be. Keep working at it! It took me a year to get where I am now, but I had a lot of downsizing to do. With one step at a time, you will get there in no time!

Bridget
    October 3, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I am definitely going to check into it soon! Love the idea of decluttering 🙂

October 4, 2016 at 9:19 am

I am glad I could help, Bridget! Decluttering your home and mind changes your life in ways you never thought was possible. It has been the most rewarding thing I have accomplished in my life!

Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins
    October 3, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Sometimes knowing where to start is half the battle! I’ve found that when I get going, I can declutter quite a bit and I always feel better about it.

October 4, 2016 at 9:21 am

I agree, Shani! Sometimes it is hard to identify what feels cluttered. I find that if I tidy my space before trying to declutter something, I am able to identify my struggle easier.

Joscelyn
    October 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Thanks for the helpful links! I’m totally doing some fall decluttering soon! Love the idea of living more minamally!

Jehava
    October 5, 2016 at 8:25 am

So glad I found your site! I am an inspiring minimalist but, need more direction! Thanks for sharing!

Nellwyn
    October 5, 2016 at 8:26 am

Thanks for sharing these links, I’m definitely going to read some of them since I’m trying to declutter and be more minimalist– especially when it comes to my clothes!

October 5, 2016 at 11:47 am

Nellwyn, you should check back on this Friday for some clothing inspiration 😉 Not to give the next Friday Favorites away, but I think it will help!

Gabbi
    October 5, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Thanks so much for the awesome tips! I love your branding as well! Succulents are one of my faves!

October 5, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Thank you, Gabbi! I fell in love with the succulents when I saw them! I had to add them to my brand!

Sheila
    October 5, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I love these! I looked at a few but plan to read more later tonight! I too need to declutter for my own sanity. So I’m going to be showing my husband the post about why you should declutter! 😉

October 6, 2016 at 1:52 pm

That is a great idea, Sheila! I just told my husband that I was loosing it and decluttering would help, so he has been on board for most things! Of course, he will not let me touch his shop, just the house.

Bree Hogan
    October 6, 2016 at 2:32 am

Oooh thank you for these links! I particularly like the link about fast decluttering – that’s so me right now!