Declutter Declutter Your Home Minimalism Simple Living

Minimalism and Home Decluttering – Friday Favorites #5

Happy Friday everyone! I feel like it has been forever since I have done a Friday Favorites [only like 3 weeks]! We are focusing on minimalism and home decluttering. Lately, I have become obsessed with decluttering videos, posts, and even some hands on experience, as you have probably read in my previous posts.

I am going to be sharing some links with you that were responsible for creating a spark to declutter my stored items and book collection! So you know these will be good! πŸ™‚

Minimalism and Home Decluttering

1 // Decor By The Seashore – I found this post on Pinterest a few weeks ago. I love how thorough it is, and how simple it seems to declutter. For my personal declutter, I made a list of what I felt I could declutter more and what I have not really decluttered in a while. This post helped me identify more areas to work in than I thought was possible.

2 // Christine Kobzeff’s Declutter Playlist – If you read my previous post, 250+ More Things I Have Tossed After I Downsized, you may wonder who the YouTuber is that I had mentioned. Well, it was Christine Kobzeff! I have been following her channel for a few months, and one day her playlist popped up on my recommendations. I watched it and was amazed at how different her life was a few years ago. This is why I felt the need to purge my home items I was storing. Seeing her transformation made me realize that I will probably be a completely different person as well in a few years.

3 // Aubrey Cullins – Recently her channel has been about decluttering her life. She shares videos with very specific things that she wants to declutter. She talks about why she has each item and what her intentions are with the item as far as for keeping, selling, or donating. I enjoy her videos because she reminds me a lot of myself when I started my minimalist journey.

4 // Declutter Your Computer by plantbasedbride.com – If you spend any time on the computer, you know how easily it can become cluttered with icons all over the screen and dozens of files. This post walks you through each step to help your computer not be so cluttered. While I have not made it to this part of my decluttering process, I will be following this advice once I get there.

5 // Overwhelmed to Organized – Free Course! – Of course, your physical possessions are not the only thing that can be cluttered and filled with junk. You also have to look at yourself. Are you overwhelmed, running on fumes, or simply frustrated?! Then take this free course to help you recover from all of the craziness! I just started the other day, and I am so thankful already for it! Terryn is a dear blogger friend of mine, and what she is doing with this course is going to change lives! Let her change yours!

Do I have you inspired enough to start your decluttering frenzy?! I hope so! If not, check back next week! I am going to continue on focusing on decluttering, because it seems to be everyone’s favorite topic of discussion!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Terryn Winfield
    September 23, 2016 at 8:21 am

Erin! I love your Friday posts and woke up to this one in my inbox this morning. I was so surprised to see you mention my course, girlie! Maybe it was the lack of coffee so early, but your sweet words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!

September 24, 2016 at 7:31 am

Aww! Terryn, I was so excited to include it into my favorites! I am really enjoying it so far, and cannot wait to continue! I am glad you enjoy these posts! They are a lot of fun to write up and share!

September 23, 2016 at 8:26 am

Erin – I just love your website! So glad others are on a “decluttering” journey too. Love all your tips and also love your shoutout for Terryn!

Michelle
    September 23, 2016 at 9:23 am

Great recommendations! Will check them out.

Suzanne Hines
    September 23, 2016 at 3:24 pm

I seriously need to declutter my computer! Especially the pictures! I just upload ALL my pictures and there are so many that could be deleted! Haha!

Krista Nile
    September 23, 2016 at 8:40 pm

These look like awesome resources! Thank you!

Rebecca Hicks
    September 23, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Love these faves! I definitely need to work on decluttering.

Shann Eva
    September 23, 2016 at 9:26 pm

These are awesome! I’ve been looking around our house, and realizing we need to get rid of so much stuff!!! It’s just too much and it’s overwhelming to me. I’m going to check a few of these out.

September 24, 2016 at 8:10 am

You definitely should, Shann! They helped kick myself into gear! I got rid of way more than I thought I could, and I do not miss any of it!

Rachel
    September 24, 2016 at 6:20 pm

These sound great! I’ve been trying to declutter more lately!

Kiki Davies
    September 24, 2016 at 9:30 pm

I never thought of decluttering my computer but I NEED to! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kiara
    September 25, 2016 at 6:49 am

All these posts are wonderful! I love reading your blog for inspiration on minimalism because I’m working on my journey with minimalism, and your posts and suggestions are always amazing!

September 25, 2016 at 8:48 am

Aww! Thank you! I am so glad you are enjoying my content and that it is helping you on your journey, Kiara!

Tami
    September 25, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Great post! I’m definitely going to check out that Overwhelmed to Organized course, it seems awesome! πŸ™‚

Kristin
    September 25, 2016 at 4:14 pm

I love the ideas for decluttering. Over the last few months I’ve been trying to do it as much as possible but it’s always so hard to figure out where to start!

Amber Starr
    September 25, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I need to check out the computer declutter! My desktop gets so messy so quickly and it drives me crazy!

September 27, 2016 at 12:16 pm

I feel your pain! I try to only have a recycling bin on my desktop and create folders for everything else. It has taken a lot of work to get it that way, but now I need to clean out all of my folders because of this method! haha!