Minimalism Simple Living

Minimalism and YouTubers – Friday Favorites #4

Hello! Welcome to this week’s Friday Favorites! Today is a super special day! It is time to share with you my combined love for minimalism and YouTubers!

First, I am going to share with you two videos I watched this week that have me rethinking what I own. As a minimalist, it is important to be intentional with what you own. Having only what you use and/or love creates a peace within a home and allows your day to run more efficient.

Second, I am going to share three YouTuber Channels I have followed since beginning my minimalist journey. I value the information these minimalist share, and my hope is you do as well.

Lastly, I am being featured in a post on another blog, and I would love for you to head over and read it! Link will be below my favorites!

The combination of minimalism and YouTubers makes for a perfect evening of inspiration to really think about your dreams, set goals, and figuring out how to live your best life.

Friday Favorites – Minimalism and YouTubers

1 // Sea & Silva – My Thrifted Minimalist Wardrobe – I am currently working to rebuild my spring/summer wardrobe [I realize summer is almost over, and I am still not done!] with thrifted and/or ethical pieces. This video in particular made me believe that I may be able to part with a little more. Haley is a true minimalist when it comes to her wardrobe, and has given a few wardrobe goals for myself. The practicality of what she has is something I am striving to achieve.

2 // The Girl Gone Green – Minimalist Studio Apartment Tour – I do not want to be bare bones in my home, but I do want to get to a point where I feel everything I own has a purpose. Take a look at this tour and see if you have everything you need and possibly some excess. I know I still have excess, and this is what motivates me to find out what exactly my excess is.

3 // Discern My Life – While Ash and Sarah are no longer updating their channel, the content they have shared is worth checking into. They are a minimalist couple who travel to different countries, and share their experiences. They share purges they have done, financial struggles, and so much more. Sarah also shares about products she has tried that ties into what minimalism is for her, which is really helpful!

4 // Live Intentionally – Ashley is a sweetheart! She lives her life with intention, and shares how you can, too! She is a capsule wardrobe fan! What you will see on her channel is her capsule wardrobes, purges, her makeup and jewelry, etc. Last Christmas, she offered to send out Christmas cards to 5 of her subscribers, and I was one of them! I love her videos mostly because of her personality and ambition.

5 // Go Downsize – Morten and Maria are a power couple when it comes to living with less and traveling all over the world. They share how they and others live in small places, advice, and how to downsize your possessions to accommodate small homes. I love watching their channel for advice, because I always learn something from them that helps me downsize things I could not on my own.

I hope you find new inspiration from at least one of these links! Be sure to let me know which you learned the most from and why!

What are some of your favorite things this week?

Bonus Feature!

I was offered the opportunity to participate in the Fab 5 over at Sunshine and Munchkins! I immediately said yes, and am so glad I did! Shani is an amazing, kind-hearted blogger that features different bloggers once a month. She asks 5 questions [and may or may not include a bonus question] that each participant answers. I believe it is a great way to find and connect with new bloggers.

Clicking the picture below will take you directly to the post. I would love for you to check it out and leave some love in the comments!

Friday Favorites #4 [Minimalism Inspiration] | www.thetannehillhomestead.com

Kat Carah
    August 26, 2016 at 8:10 am

Nice favorites!

Allie @ Peachfully Chic
    August 26, 2016 at 8:16 am

I just went through my wardrobe and will be doing a Kon Mari method video of my top takeaways… It’s so freeing to go through and release what you no longer need! 🙂

August 27, 2016 at 2:32 pm

I have done that, and it helped so much! I would love for you to send me the link to the video so I can watch! 🙂

August 26, 2016 at 8:18 am

Ive been been a big you tuber but I have some time at work today so will definitely be checking these out!

Ashley
    August 26, 2016 at 9:12 am

You had me at your succulents pic firstly, but I am so intrigued. What wonderful and amazing people you chatted about!

Shani | Sunshine and Munchkins
    August 26, 2016 at 10:02 am

Erin, thank you so much for agreeing to be part of my Fab 5 series! It was so fun to get to know a little more about you. Your bonus question answer was especially fun. 😉

Leslie
    August 26, 2016 at 1:39 pm

This is awesome. I will have to check all of them. I like the idea of being a minimalist, especially in my closet but its hard to live that way when your spouse is absolutely opposite of you. Good luck!

August 27, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Leslie, my husband is not totally on board. But he does give the lead way with living simpler. See if any of these may help with explaining why you are a minimalist and how freeing it can be to simplify your life. Good luck!

Suzanne Hines
    August 26, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Go Downsize sounds awesome, especially in the context of traveling around the world! In my experience, Americans have SO MUCH and don’t even realize it, but I have found/seen more minimalist tendencies almost everywhere else I have ever traveled!

August 26, 2016 at 3:26 pm

You always find such good, inspiring content. Thanks Erin!!

Melanie
    August 26, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I’m working on reducing clutter in my apartment too! I want to make sure everything has its purpose. I feel like I need a dedicated cleaning day to get rid of everything.

August 27, 2016 at 3:17 pm

A full day to get rid of the excess sounds like a great idea, Melanie! I wish you the best in simplifying your apartment!

Andrea Bai
    August 26, 2016 at 11:36 pm

I am so checking all of these out!

Kimberly
    August 27, 2016 at 2:38 am

Love this! I keep telling my husband I want is to live minimally and I think this will help us get started!

anna
    August 27, 2016 at 1:44 pm

I loved the downsizing and debt free. I definitely need to work on that.

Yvonne Sowell
    August 28, 2016 at 3:53 am

I love looking at designs and artwork of minimalists, but too bad in real life my home is hardly so. I really need to check some of these links out to see if it is possible to live in a house where I’m the only female and be able to keep everything minimal. Haha!

August 28, 2016 at 10:10 am

I know your struggle, Yvonne! I have had a “manly” decor theme in my home for several years, and I am finally putting my foot down for change! Little by little I am getting my way! haha!

Emma | Creative Explorations
    August 28, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Thank you for the minimalism inspiration! I’m very attracted to the whole minimalism trend, but it’s so difficult for me to apply in real life because I’m a bit of pack rat. I hate throwing things away!

Emma | http://www.creativexplorations.com

August 28, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Emma, I used to be the same way! Once I dug into what becoming a minimalist meant, I had to give it a shot! A year later, I have had less panic attacks, anxiety and stress, worry, time wasted, etc. There is no greater feeling than letting go of everything that weighs you down to live with intention.

Rachel Lynn
    August 31, 2016 at 11:45 am

I will definitely have to look up some of these YouTube channels. I’ve definitely seen some of “Live Intentionally” but the others I’m fairly new with. I’m not minimalist to the extreme, but I definitely beleive in decluttering your life and getting rid of things that no longer have a place in your life. Maybe it’s because I’ve had to move so many times throughout college, but everytime I moved I found myself getting rid of more and more things. Thanks for sharing!

September 1, 2016 at 10:55 am

I am not an extreme Minimalist either, Rachel. I love watch more of an extreme minimalist to help me think of anything that could still be considered excess to me. Plus they do give me motivation to try to be more extreme with my possessions, and I like the challenge!

Christine
    September 2, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Yay, weekend reading! You know I need downsizing advice! ? Getting ready to sell our house and move into an apartment.

September 4, 2016 at 9:29 am

That is awesome, Christine! Just remember to be ruthless with you things! I found out over the weekend that I donated a box of keeps by accident… [Yikes!] However, I only remember two things I needed out of it, and thank goodness they were easily replaceable! The rest was excess, and I am glad I cannot remember what they were.