Minimalism Simple Living

Minimalism and Simplifying Life – Friday Favorites #3

I may earn a commission from the links within this post. Learn more on my full disclosure page.

This week’s favorites are what inspired me to discover that simplifying life and decluttering are great ideas.

A year ago, I started the process of boxing things up and donating things I did not want to take with us after we moved. In that time, I researched how to simplify my belongings, tips on moving, and how to live in a hotel room basically.

The links chosen for today’s post are things that helped me at the beginning of my minimalist journey. I feel it is important to know the benefits of a minimalist lifestyle as well as very simple tricks to get started.

I needed to know how to live with only essentials while we were in transition of moving from our home to a guest room at my in laws.

The more I researched these things, the more minimalism popped up in the results, and the more my life shaped into a lifestyle that would set me free!

Minimalism is a journey that takes time, and may not be achieved in a certain time frame. I started my journey a year ago this month, and I still feel I can declutter certain things in my life.

The reason I have not made it all the way to where I want to be is because it is a process. I could not live with as little as I do now a year ago. But now I feel I can really challenge my abilities to live with less, and I am so happy I to be at that point in my journey.

Remember, everyone’s journey through minimalism is different. Do not compare yourself to anyone! Celebrate your achievements no matter how big or small!

This week's favorites are what inspired me to discover that simplifying life and decluttering were great ideas. A year ago, I had started the process of boxing things up and donating things I did not want to take with us after we moved. In that time, I had started researching how to simplify my belongings, tips on moving, and how to live in a hotel room basically.

Minimalism and Simplifying Life

1 // Samantha Lindsey – My Minimalism Story

I love Samantha’s YouTube channel! She is who I can relate to most when it comes to why I really started to downsize. When I found her channel, I was right at the beginning of learning exactly what a minimalist lifestyle was. After I watched this video, I knew I was on the right path.

2 // Minimalist FAQs

This list of FAQs answer several questions about a minimalist lifestyle, and explain why you can have it for yourself regardless of circumstances. I found it very helpful in the beginning, because it helped me realize that minimalism is different for everyone.

3 // Simply + Fiercely – 20 Ways I’ve Simplified My Life

I love Jennifer’s blog! This post opened me up to the possibilities of what I could have by simplifying my life. If you are wondering what minimalism could offer you, check out this blog post.

4 // Rachel Aust – How To Cull + Organize Your Makeup Collection

It would not be a Friday Favorites without including Rachel Aust! This particular video helped me downsize my makeup collection and skin care items.

She does a Minimalism Series for several different areas of your home, and each of them have been very helpful! I also love that her makeup collection is not bare bones.

She loves wearing makeup, so she has more than someone who only wears the basics. The way she has it organized is aesthetically minimal and beautiful. [At least in my opinion.]

5 // Carrie Simple – A Minimalist Wardrobe

Carrie has an extremely simple wardrobe, and I love that most of her items can be worn more than one way. If you want to see an example of a very minimal wardrobe, check out the link!

How does simplifying your life sound? Does it make you want to declutter everything and start fresh? Let me know below in the comments.

Jacki Q
    August 19, 2016 at 8:15 am

I’ve always found the minimalist lifestyle intriguing! Thanks for providing that link of FAQs. Super helpful!

Terryn Winfield
    August 19, 2016 at 8:26 am

You are so inspiring to me! I love that you’ve only been on your journey for a year now, it gives me hope. I will be checking out these links…I am so grateful you are doing this series now!

August 19, 2016 at 8:32 am

Oh there is plenty of hope for anyone! I promise! I need to see if I can scrounge up a few before pictures for you just to show you how much hope there is. My life was so cluttered before I became a minimalist. If I can declutter my life, anyone can for sure! I am really glad you are enjoying this series! I have a lot more to share, so I imagine this series will continue for a long time! 🙂

Shannan Panganiban
    August 19, 2016 at 10:11 am

I am all about minimizing right now!! Thanks for all the resources!

August 19, 2016 at 10:29 am

I just checked out #3. Love it! It’s so fun to find new inspiring people to learn from. Thanks for rounding these up 🙂

Suzanne Hines
    August 19, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Thanks for sharing this list! My husband and I do live very minimally, but I’ve found that there is always more to get rid of in order to live more simply!

August 22, 2016 at 10:20 am

Yes, there things my husband and I are consistently finding we can live without as well. I love it, because it means just a little more organization in my life!

Corsica Nambiar
    August 19, 2016 at 3:52 pm

This post I never knew what a minimalist was and this was insightful. I think I’m going to look up this wow!! Love the ‘favorites’ type of post.

Corsica | kissesfromcarolina.com

August 22, 2016 at 10:21 am

Corsica, I am so glad I was able to introduce you to the minimalist concept. If you have any questions, please let me know! It can really change you life!

patricia
    August 19, 2016 at 5:06 pm

I am trying to embrace the minimalistic lifestyle. It is a slow process. Enjoy your blog will be following.

August 22, 2016 at 10:22 am

Thank you, Patricia! It is definitely a process. It has taken me a year to get to where I am now. I still have a ways to go, but I am getting there one item at a time. You can, too! Just keep working at it!

Renee Alexis
    August 19, 2016 at 10:18 pm

I didn’t have many ideas what minimalism is all about. Now, I’ve learned new things. 🙂 I enjoyed reading links #2 and #3 🙂

August 22, 2016 at 10:24 am

If you have never heard of minimalism before, Renee, those are definitely great starting points. YouTube is a great source of information for minimalism as well.

Darby
    August 20, 2016 at 10:38 am

Just took a look at Samantha Lindsay’s Youtube channel. I know that my family and I live with way too much crap in our house, half of it never being used/played with. I think I’m going to do some more research on this lifestyle! Sounds like something we could definitely benefit from.

August 22, 2016 at 10:27 am

Darby, I love her channel! Her apartment tours are definitely motivation for me. You will definitely see improvement in your family’s life by simplifying and removing what you do not use or love. Here are my previous two links so you can check out a few more sources 🙂 Friday Favorites #1 and Friday Favorites #2

Joscelyn
    August 20, 2016 at 11:19 am

So intrigued by minimalism! Makes me want to get rid of everything and start again fresh! Thanks for all of these great links. Very inspiring!

August 22, 2016 at 10:28 am

I am glad I could help, Joscelyn! Starting fresh can definitely help in living a minimalist lifestyle. If that is what you want/need, I say go for it!