Intentional Living Simple Living

August Monthly Goals

I may earn a commission from the links within this post. Learn more on my full disclosure page.

August is the month of new beginnings for children as they go back to school, and I am thinking a new beginning for my blog as well! I am realizing the importance of goal setting, as well as holding myself accountable to these goals by sharing them with others. Which is why today’s post is all about my August Monthly Goals!

To say this is going to go perfectly in the first month would be an over achievement. My overall plan for this month is to set a few goals and see how well I can do to achieve them.

If you look at the title picture, you will see I have already worked to achieve my first change, and I am hoping it is one you will prefer!

August is the month of new beginnings for children as they go back to school, and I am thinking a new beginning for my blog as well! I am realizing the importance of goal setting, as well as holding myself accountable to these goals by sharing them with others. Which is why today's post is all about my August Monthly Goals!

My goals for this month is to set 5 achievable goals [3 blog related and 2 personal related]. As I have researched, it is best to start small with goals and work my way to trying to accomplish more as I progress with consistently conquering these monthly goals.

I will share with you at the beginning of September how I did and what my goals are for September.

August Monthly Goals:

1. Update at least 5 title pictures from previous posts, and reshare them with the updated title picture.
  2. Post at least twice a week.
  3. Obtain 5 new subscribers.
  4. Meal plan each week of August.
  5. Register for college classes.

As you can see, I want to be successful from the beginning! I have a new focus for my blog and what I need to provide for you as my reader, so I hope you will stick around to see how I do!

I also think you will love the new content that is coming very soon!

Jacki
    August 1, 2016 at 7:40 am

Those are great goals! Good luck at achieving them! I’m sure you’ll do great!!

Wendy
    August 1, 2016 at 8:06 am

Those are great and attainable goals! I wish you the best! Every month I would set a goal too, until I set a rhythm of blogging and try to push myself to blog more.

August 1, 2016 at 9:40 am

That is exactly what I am hoping to accomplish, Wendy! I hope by the end of the year I will be consistently blogging 3 days a week.

Kim
    August 1, 2016 at 8:08 am

I’m doing the same this month. I love the idea of going back and fixing some posts/pictures. There are plenty!! Thanks for sharing and have a great August!

cara
    August 1, 2016 at 10:59 am

Great list of goals! I’ve been working on updating old posts too, and it’s definitely rewarding after you finish! 🙂

August 1, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Oh I hope so! I really like the new title pictures I am using versus my very minimal ones I have been using. Do you replace your photos or do you move them to a new part of the post? I have read where you need to keep the old image if they have been pinned on Pinterest, but I cannot find an exact example of anyone changing their title picture.

Angela Tolsma
    August 1, 2016 at 11:24 am

Great list of goals!! Good luck meal planning, that is a huge struggle for me!! What kind of classes are you registering for? Also if you are interesting, I host a monthly goal collab! It’s for bloggers to connect and keep each other accountable!! But otherwise, I wish you all the best in your goals for the month and that you have a fabulous August!!

August 1, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Thank you, Angela! I am a Finance Major, so it will be something along those lines. I would love to know more about your collab! Having an accountability partner would definitely help! Have a fabulous month as well!

BRittany
    August 1, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Meal planning was on my goal this month too!! I was seriously shocked how much cheaper grocery shopping was when I had all our meals planned out! I hope I can stick to it! Good luck sticking to your goals!!

August 1, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Yes! It is so much cheaper, Brittany! I have done it in the past when I did not have another option. I love doing it, but it is all about making the time to do it as well. My favorite thing is I do not have to think about what I am going to cook during the week, and leaves time for other things.

Demelza Shaw
    August 1, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Awesome goals. I am looking forward to following your journey. I have subscribed. So lovely to find your gorgeous blog.

Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins
    August 1, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Great goals! I love that you are pushing yourself but not setting goals so unattainable that you don’t have a chance of reaching them. I look forward to seeing you succeed! 🙂

Terryn Winfield
    August 2, 2016 at 6:20 am

Aww, I was surprised to see my name come up in your post, lol. But I am so glad the photos helped you! It will be fun to go back and update old images. And hey, you have a new subscriber 🙂

August 2, 2016 at 7:35 am

YAY!!! Thank you, Terryn! BTW I have to give credit where credit is due! 🙂 It was your post that led me to finding my stock photos, so thank you!

Kiara Catanzaro
    August 2, 2016 at 6:27 am

What a lovely set of goals you have for the month, Erin! I’m working on trying to read and journal more on a regular basis in my free time. I’m also working on trying to run at least 2 days a week and do an overall toning workout 2 days a week!

Brittany Ashmore
    August 2, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Great goals!!! I really have not cared about subscribers like I should….. I am aiming for 2-3 posts a week. Go you!

Lindsey
    August 3, 2016 at 12:05 am

Those are awesome goals!!!

Erica @ Coming Up Roses
    August 3, 2016 at 11:42 am

You’ve got this girlfriend!! Rooting for you!

Coming Up Roses

Debbie
    August 4, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Hi there – found you through Breakfast at Lilly’s link-up. I struggle with meal planning all the time. It just takes so much time and organization, I feel like I spend too much time on the planning. Would love to hear how it works out for you — good luck on your goals this month! Cheers!

August 5, 2016 at 11:59 am

I will definitely let you know, Debbie! It has been great in the past, but our circumstances have changed since then. We shall see! 🙂