Intentional Living Simple Living

27 Things for my 27th Birthday Bucket List!

Do you have a bucket list that includes things you would like to do one day? What if you took a few things from that list and set a goal to accomplish them before your next birthday, called it a Birthday Bucket List? Would that not make each year more interesting? I think so!

Since I am officially 27 today, I think it would be fun to share my Birthday Bucket List with you to give you a few ideas of what you could accomplish in one year! My list includes goals I’d like to achieve and adventurous things that I hope to achieve. The combination will for sure keep things interesting all year long!

However, the biggest benefit to creating a birthday bucket list is to bring more intention into your life. Without a purpose, what is the point in waking up each morning? Creating intention and a sense of purpose makes life much more exciting!

27 Things for my 27th Birthday Bucket List! | www.thetannehillhomestead.com

My 27th Birthday Bucket List

1. Travel more – especially for my wedding anniversary!
  2. Take bigger risks!
  3. Complete at least 4 college classes!
  4. Pay off a loan!
  5. Read at least 5 self-help books!
  6. Read at least 5 fiction books [because everyone needs adventure in their life!]!
  7. Find at least one sponsor to partner with on my blog!
  8. Laugh more!
  9. Put my husband first more often!
  10. Consistently post blog posts all year!
  11. Learn to like waking up in the mornings!
  12. Master my wardrobe for all seasons!
  13. Replace all plastic reusable containers with glass containers!
  14. Overcome the fear of success!
  15. Go to at least one concert!
  16. Save $20 a paycheck for the next year, and use the money for a new experience!
  17. Finish the first draft of a novel!
  18. Stop drinking soda!
  19. Visit Magnolia Home in Waco, TX! [Love the show Fixer Upper!!]
  20. Find an organic cosmetic line to replace my current products!
  21. Love the way I look without makeup!
  22. Stop worrying about what others think!
  23. Have more new experiences than any year before now.
  24. Learn more about the companies that are “Going Green”!
  25. Turn off or forget my phone more often!
  26. Listen to more instrumental music!
  27. Plant flower beds around our home!

For this birthday, I am focusing on a new beginning full of adventures and experiences. Birthdays should come with a sense of wonder and excitement for the things to come, which is why I think a birthday bucket list is the perfect solution!

What does your list consist of? Will it be things you can accomplish quickly or will it be a long term task? Let me know below in the comments! Lastly, I want to let you with this thought:

Nothing can buy happiness; it is a mood. Choose your mood wisely, and do not take it for granted.

July 21, 2016 at 7:31 am

Happy Birthday Erin! Hope you have the best day! This is a great list of goals and I definitely think you can accomplish them! 🙂

Rachel Dean
    July 21, 2016 at 7:55 am

Happy Birthday!!! This is a great list. All so important…be sure to take care of you above all!

July 22, 2016 at 8:09 am

Thank you, Rachel! Yes ma’am! I most definitely agree with that! My goal this year is to keep focus on the future and experience more life. I am usually like a hermit crab and stay in my circle, and it is getting kind of old.

Jessica K
    July 21, 2016 at 8:40 am

I love this!! Your list is so relatable, I hope you accomplish all of them (: The idea of a 30 day challenge is exciting, I may borrow it – Thanks for the read!

July 21, 2016 at 9:02 am

I love all of your goals for the year! Practical and fun stuff. Happy Birthday Erin!!!!!

Jenine
    July 21, 2016 at 9:25 am

Haha I like the idea of thinking of your birthday as the 2nd anniversary of your 25th. I feel the same way! You have listed some great goals. What kind of novel are you writing?

July 22, 2016 at 8:14 am

You know most choose 29 or 39, but I say go for something that does not make you dread the next year! haha! I mean 25 is no closer to 30 than it is 20! I hate telling people I am closer to 30 than 20 *insert really distressed sad face*! As far as the novel goes, I do have a few ideas, but I am working to see if they can be developed into a full novel. I am leaning towards the fiction genre, but not sure specifics just yet.

Terryn Winfield
    July 21, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Happy birthday girlie! I have to say, I loved turning 30, it just feels right. Anyway, I love your goals…what a great idea to make them for your birthday instead of New Years. have you heard of Miracle Mornings? I have learned to love getting up early because of that book!

July 22, 2016 at 8:21 am

Thank you, Terryn!! I do not know about turning 30, but for me, this birthday is about starting over on a positive leaf, and living my life out of my comfort zone. I have not heard of Miracle Mornings, but I might just have to get it!